[1.0] Rim of Madness - Bones V2.0

Started by SihvMan, May 18, 2017, 04:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_Suffix

Great new floor textures! I can't quite imagine how floors made of visible bones could possibly be "neutral in beauty," but I guess that depends on which pawn you ask.

I've added a pull request for a Japanese translation of the mod. It's sillier than my other translations in that it references an old but memorable Werther's Original commercial in place of Jello, which is not a brand in Japan, and "neutral in terms of looks" is translated as "not earning compliments from neighbors," but it's otherwise straightforward.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ian_Suffix on February 28, 2018, 05:05:33 AM
"neutral in terms of looks" is translated as "not earning compliments from neighbors,"

That's hilarious ;D

SihvMan

Floors being neutral was a design decision based on room beauty being objective rather than subjective.

Ideally, I'd like on cannibals, bloodlust, or cultist pawns consider bone floors as positive and everyone else consider negative, but that'd require major AI overhauls (and probably a number of hidden variables) that would make this mod incompatible with damn near everything.

Quote from: Ian_Suffix on February 28, 2018, 05:05:33 AM
I've added a pull request for a Japanese translation of the mod. It's sillier than my other translations in that it references an old but memorable Werther's Original commercial in place of Jello, which is not a brand in Japan, and "neutral in terms of looks" is translated as "not earning compliments from neighbors," but it's otherwise straightforward.

Looks good to me. I've merged it on github, and will push it with the next steam update.

Canute

Could you improve the special bone wall HP a bit ?
The regular walls with bones got 140 while the bone walls just got 100.
I think 200 but with a bit more work amount.

SihvMan

Quote from: Canute on February 28, 2018, 02:42:09 PM
Could you improve the special bone wall HP a bit ?
The regular walls with bones got 140 while the bone walls just got 100.
I think 200 but with a bit more work amount.

It... should already be 200 hp...

f***.

Okay, will change.

P.S. Trying my hand at making bone armor. Can't promise much in the way of looks, but...

Modo44

I see a balance problem, maybe due to some other mods:

The "Bone Wall" this mod adds is 3 work, 5 bone, 100 health. But when you select the standard wall, and switch it to "Bone", you can do it for 2 work, 5 bone, and 140 health. Those numbers don't seem right.

Canute

I think the Bone throne need alot more work then just 25.
250 would be more accurate to put 1000 bones together.
While a dining char allready need 70 work.

Harry_Dicks

Can... can I sit on any of you guys' bone thrones? :-[

EDIT: Can I ask what's up with the two texture sets for the deer skull mask? It looks like the antlers are smooshed down on the texture being used in game. Were the 256x256 textures too tall or something with the horns? Just glancing over the two sets, the horns are the only thing that looks quite different to me. Also, can we expect to see all 5 candles lit again anytime soon from the little skull that has 5 candles on it?

Coolphoton

Could a patch to make fertilizer for fertile fields directly from bone be made? Bone meal is a traditional fertilizer.

Modo44

I think the bone weapons are too strong. They almost rival steel stuff, but IRL they never would. Bone is way too weak compared to steel. I can see bone weapons being slightly stronger than wood (easy to get sharp), but that's about it.

Canute

Huh, bone weapons.
Do you speak about special bone weapons, i don't saw yet.
Or Bone as crafting material ?
Bone basicly got the same stats like wood, so it can't explain why you think bone weapons are like steel weapons.

Majgamer

Firstly, I want to say I love your mod. I've already made 2 settlements made almost exclusively out of bones and bone products(can't make clothes out of bones sadly.) and plan to make more. But there's one thing I was curious about, would it be at all possible to make rotten corpses butcher-able, with the only resource being bones?

Heymom

tentaceltrap

It seems it is already - as a separate part of jecrells Call of Cthulhu Mod:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.0

below 'Bones'

SihvMan

Quote from: Heymom on November 03, 2018, 11:09:00 AM
Any plans to update this to 1.0 ?

Quote from: tentaceltrap on November 03, 2018, 02:50:07 PM
It seems it is already - as a separate part of jecrells Call of Cthulhu Mod:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.0

below 'Bones'

Yes, this mod has been updated to 1.0, both on Steam and on the Github. I'm not on the forums as much these days, but I'm reachable on both the Rim of Madness and Rimworld discords. I also check on Steam workshop once a week if all else fails.