[A17 Mac] Game locks up when starting on a smaller but retina screen

Started by roben, May 19, 2017, 04:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roben

This is the same issue as reported in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28065.msg284388#msg284388
The fix there sadly did not help, Sorry for not reporting that earlier.

Additional information: The 27" screen is non-retina while the built in screen is a retina display. The workaround by quickly pressing my maximize window shortcut (provided by spectacle) still applies, but now the game crashes when doing that but starts in the proper resolution afterwards.

Long story short: I guess there is a check if the display resolution is big enough for the game window before starting up, but maybe it just uses the native display resolution and not the transparently scaled up resolution which is available to rimworld?

ison

Could you please upload the logfile when the game freezes? I can't think of anything in our code which could cause this.

roben

Done. Was quickly reproducible: Start on big monitor, quit, unplug, start on built in retina display, game either crashes (rimlog1.txt) or completely locks up (rimlog2.txt) when dots are shown.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ison

hmm, thank you for the logfiles. The problem is that it's an internal Unity exception, so there's not much we can do, other than hoping that updating Unity will solve it. We've updated Unity in A18, so there's a chance that it's fixed, if not, then the only option would be to let Unity developers know about it and hope they fix it. Thanks for reporting though.