Rock walls+ easy to get mad

Started by Smasher101, April 29, 2014, 02:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smasher101

Its been brought to my attention that the HUGE walls of rock that spawn on the side of maps are a pain in the... your know what  ;D! But i feel they should be gone because theyre in the way for MANY of my builds, I mean, how am i meant to complete world domination if theres a army of rock in my way? Also another issue i face is that colonists get mad too easily, they ALWAYS go too far away then say Im hungry! walk BACK to my base and then go on a rampage causing my base's doom D; If ANY of you face these problems then PLEASE reply!

OnyxShadow

You probably have other issues than distance from base causing colonist distress. Check their thoughts and fix the other issues. In a pinch, you can force a colonist home more or less by unassigning them from all tasks (really need a way to force them to eat/sleep if they can't even manage to do that right).

Nasikabatrachus

It's easier to just recruit a colonist if you need them to take a break. I usually have beautified eating areas in central locations where I send any colonist close to a mental break. Leave them there for a while and they will absorb beauty happiness bonuses and socialization happiness from interacting with colonists who are busy eating. By the time they are hungry enough to eat, they will be happy enough to be left alone for a while and will get food of their own accord.

Of course, if all else fails, it's handy to have a prisoner around to execute to keep the colony in line through fear.

Coenmcj

If you're having mental problems, I feel bad for you son, Cause I got 99 problems and a crazy ain't one.

It's almost impossible to go wrong with Fear, it's the easy way out however and often your colony will have a grim feel to it. While if you're going for the happy go lucky approach, I wish you luck as it is often difficult to keep the happiness up during the aftermath of a battle while with fear, it actually gets a boost.

There are absolutely no Fear Debuffs, however there are plenty of Happiness Debuffs.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Smasher101

^^ Ty :) I was wondering what fear did and now i know it makes colonists loyal. Time to edit the post

Architect

Quote from: Coenmcj on April 30, 2014, 02:31:02 AM
If you're having mental problems, I feel bad for you son, Cause I got 99 problems and a crazy ain't one.

It's almost impossible to go wrong with Fear, it's the easy way out however and often your colony will have a grim feel to it. While if you're going for the happy go lucky approach, I wish you luck as it is often difficult to keep the happiness up during the aftermath of a battle while with fear, it actually gets a boost.

There are absolutely no Fear Debuffs, however there are plenty of Happiness Debuffs.

You see, now Im just thinking I need to add some fear debuffs to BP+ :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Architect on April 30, 2014, 11:47:56 AM
-snip-

Actually... how does something unscare someone? Honestly. how does a fear Debuff even work?

Architect

Quote from: Coenmcj on April 30, 2014, 05:19:51 PM
-snip-

Actually... how does something unscare someone? Honestly. how does a fear Debuff even work?

Bacon mostly...
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Wikrin

...Stuffed bears? Headlamps and hammers? Liquor? These are ideas that I idea'd.

Sion

Best solution for long travels is to designate some agave or berries to be cut when the colonist starts to be hungry, just designate the nearest food plant to be harvested and order the colonist to do it, s/he will then eat the raw food, its better than starving.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Nasikabatrachus

I think fear should raise the mental break threshold over time. That would be a good counter to easy Fascist Doom Fort Colonies.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Architect on April 30, 2014, 05:29:05 PM
-snip-

Bacon mostly...
You wouldn't... D:

But I wouldn't blame you if you did....

Bodog999

A fear debuff you say? Hmmmm... I would say something very happy or nice but not little children happy/nice that scares me