[1.0] StarshipTroopers Arachnid Ver5.0 - THE BUGS ARE BACK!!!

Started by WalkingProblem, May 19, 2017, 09:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isavegas

The specialized bugs are ridiculously overpowered. Firefly bugs are flying through my roof and spewing explosive fireballs straight through the walls. Likewise, my base starts exploding within seconds of the siege bugs spawning, killing all of my colonists before I even have a chance to have my colonists react.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: isavegas on February 07, 2018, 01:17:44 AM
The specialized bugs are ridiculously overpowered. Firefly bugs are flying through my roof and spewing explosive fireballs straight through the walls. Likewise, my base starts exploding within seconds of the siege bugs spawning, killing all of my colonists before I even have a chance to have my colonists react.

Welcome to the Starship Troopers Arachnid mod.  ;)

isavegas

Quote from: Walking Problem on February 08, 2018, 11:37:08 AM
Quote from: isavegas on February 07, 2018, 01:17:44 AM

Welcome to the Starship Troopers Arachnid mod.  ;)

I just wish you could configure them. :/ I guess I could use the maximum map size to mitigate the seige bugs on my next colony, but the only way I've found to survive flying bugs is to immediately evacuate my base, leaving doors open, and shooting them as they follow my colonists out the door, which isn't always feasible. Beyond those two mechanics, I really like this mod.

ertzuiop

Disabling those in the ingame options would be nice. Cant be the aim of this mod to lose the game, whenever firefly spawn.

WalkingProblem

hmmm... haha, but the point of this mod is to push you out of your comfort zone...

Standard raids are "too easy"....

You guys can stay tune though... but I wont guarantee I will ever add the options... =P

isavegas

Quote from: Walking Problem on February 09, 2018, 08:31:14 AM
hmmm... haha, but the point of this mod is to push you out of your comfort zone...

Standard raids are "too easy"....

You guys can stay tune though... but I wont guarantee I will ever add the options... =P

For now, I just deleted the flying bugs incident from the relevant XML file. ;) I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for updates, though.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: isavegas on February 11, 2018, 12:46:38 AM
For now, I just deleted the flying bugs incident from the relevant XML file. ;) I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for updates, though.

Boooooo cheating...booooo~ LMAO

Harry_Dicks

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 09, 2018, 06:00:02 PM
Thanks lover boy :-*

:-[

-----

The bombardiers will now be less irritating than before; since previously, there is almost no way to avoid a big explosion from it. Now, its a threat that can some what have it damage minimized

reeeen_4

This is an awesome mod so much fun to play, couple of bugs/tweeks I think would be cool if fixed

When the warrior bugs are starving to death they don't start eating corpses around them or attacking each other. I feel aggressive alien bugs would definity just start turning on each other if they were starving and start eating anything dead around them.

The warrior bugs don't kill and eat human corpses, they seem to just attack them till they are knock them out and leave them there. I feel it would be more realistic and intense if they just kept going till everything was gone bones and all.

The warrior bugs don't attack or kill other animals that come in their vecinity even when they are starving to death.

Encrtia

Just a query. I have this mod installed with a whole host of other factions, but 99% of the raids are Arachnids for over 10 years of gameplay. Would you happen to know why? Infinite insect meat is only fun for so long...  :-[
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

WalkingProblem

[1.0] STARSHIPTROOPERS ARACHNID VER5.0

THE BUGS IS FINALLY BACK~!!!

Would you like to know more?

NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/1-0-starshiptroopers-arachnids-ver5-0/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928992405

ADVANCED ANIMAL FRAMEWORKS REQUIRED: http://walkingproblem.com/2018/11/18/1-0-advanced-animal-frameworks-3-1/

---

CHANGELOG VER 5.0
– Updated to Rimworld 1.0
– Scorpion Bugs now attacks colonists' buildings instead of "deconstruct"
– Scorpion Bugs now attacks enemies like any other bugs
– Plasma Bug, Plasma Grenadiers and Tanker Bugs "bullets" are now resized to their "correct size"
– There might be changes to the stats of various bugs, as part of the update.
– Introduced "Arachnid Exoskeleton" as the leather, instead of "arachnid leather", which is extremely good in its own way
– Now you can acquire Arachnid Legs from Warrior Bugs, Hopper Bugs and Firefly Bugs corpse, which can be used as an effective melee weapon
– Butchering giant bugs will give you Arachnid Carapace, a new high value and extremely high quality building materials, perfect for making weapons and structures
– There might be other changes, which I cannot remember due to the size of the update

cortanakya

Dude... I love you, man. I responded to you on reddit a while ago with my story about this mod, and honestly I have nothing but respect for your work. I've been checking about three times a week to see if this mod has been updated for 1.0 yet.

Best.
Day.
Ever.

From the deepest, darkest parts of my heart I wanna say thank you! When I have some spare cash I'll throw some support your way.