[1.0] StarshipTroopers Arachnid Ver5.0 - THE BUGS ARE BACK!!!

Started by WalkingProblem, May 19, 2017, 09:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on May 21, 2017, 10:25:43 AM
Not warrior bug this guy:

OH! Its a mistake. My original artwork with "legs" is :

I think when I was moving the artwork around, the legs "fall off" and went behind.

I will fix it for the next release.

DAMN! I didnt see it.

---

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on May 21, 2017, 01:21:34 PM
Oh almost forgot I've been messing around with this in dev/god mode and found something interesting. Had a few random colonist fight huge swarms in a bunker with the guntower from more vanilla turrets and it got to the point of so many bodies that my pawns could not shoot at the bugs nor the bugs could get to my colonists. It was literally a wall of bodies. Don't know if that was intentional but hell I like it. 

I not sure... I didnt intend that nor saw that happening before... lol~

But who cares, you are happy~ thats the most important!

Hows the mod for you thus far?

----

Quote from: asquirrel on May 21, 2017, 05:36:00 PM

Oh mother of god.  I loved the Starship Troopers series.  So, if you kill these guys, can you eat them?  It only seems fair because they can eat you, or tear you to shreds. 
Come on you apes, you want to live forever?!?!?!?! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_c6V0U-4k

If your colonists have a taste for insect meat? Yeah sure, you can eat them~ haha

slugman4

Any chance for a A17? in the near future Im really enjoying the swarms this mod pumps out.
I think I might have touched on this earlier but the leather that we get from the arachnids is very expensive 17 silver per pop maybe tweak that.

WalkingProblem

[A17] Starship Troopers Arachnids Ver2.0 RELEASED!!!

FEATURES:
– Warrior Bugs
– Tanker Bugs
– Hopper Bugs
– 3 different arachnid invasions types
— Ground Invasion by Warrior Bugs
— Commando Raid by Hopper Bugs
— Combined-Arms Heavy Assault by Warriors, Hoppers and Tanker Bugs
– Specially coded behaviors for the Bugs (actively hunting all non-insect factions)
– Specially coded abilities for Tanker Bugs to switch between ranged and melee attacks

CHANGELOG VER 2.0
– Updated to A17
– Total revamp of how aggression is generated
– Brand new behaviors for Arachnids
– Arachnids will actively hunt down all non-insect faction pawns
– Tanker Bugs now have powerful ranged flamed based weapon
– Special custom coded behavior for Tanker Bugs to switch between ranged and melee attacks
– Added Hopper Bugs
– New/Revamped incident: Heavy Assault (All 3 species of bugs combining to devastating effect)
– New incident: Aerial Assault (Hopper Bugs will invade from above)
– Balancing to numbers of bugs spawned

http://walkingproblem.com/starship-troopers-arachnids-2-0-for-a17-released/

WalkingProblem

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on May 21, 2017, 10:25:43 AM
Not warrior bug this guy:

Fixed this in Version 2.0

----
Quote from: slugman4 on May 26, 2017, 10:14:41 AM
Any chance for a A17? in the near future Im really enjoying the swarms this mod pumps out.
I think I might have touched on this earlier but the leather that we get from the arachnids is very expensive 17 silver per pop maybe tweak that.

I missed this about the leather.

Expensive as in selling it earns too much money?

WalkingProblem

VERSION 2.1 RELEASED!!!

And we added PLASMA BUGS~~~~

I've also reduced the frequency of bugs invasions as well as added codes to prevent Hoppers from landing inside mountains (thus Mountain caves are now the safest place to build your colonies)

---
CHANGELOG VER 2.1
- Added Plasma Bugs
- Added codes to forbid Hoppers dropping into mountain room/caves
- Added texture for Plasma Bug's plasma burst and Tanker Bug's fire burst
- Added Plasma Bugs Bombardment incident
- Reduced likelihood and frequency of Bugs invasion incidents.

ChaosChronicler

Well I need to try this out once I'm back from the wedding. Hopefully tomorrow.

Canute

Don't you think the explosion radius isn't too small ? You need a bit more to reach the other side of the map (Nukebug) ! :-)

A radius  5-6 is still bigger then a mortar blast.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on June 05, 2017, 05:08:20 AM
Don't you think the explosion radius isn't too small ? You need a bit more to reach the other side of the map (Nukebug) ! :-)

A radius  5-6 is still bigger then a mortar blast.

The explosion radius is 12.

My original is 20. I toned it down to avoid it becoming OP.

2 Plasma bugs can literally defeat the entire raiding party even at radius 12, not to mention 20...

But of course, try the mod (use dev mod to trigger and test your defense) - let me know how it goes. If its still too weak - then perhaps my next update will up their radius. But as far as my testing went - they literally take down half of my pawns in the first shot, and then most of them by the 3rd.

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 04, 2017, 07:10:17 PM
Well I need to try this out once I'm back from the wedding. Hopefully tomorrow.

Let me know how it goes! =D

Cabdono

WalkingProblem

ChaosChronicler

Hey Walking got an idea for a bug to use as an inbetween for warriors and tanker, the grenadier bug:
http://starshiptroopers.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_Grenadier_Bug

Note: Don't know why they are twice the size they were in the new Traitor of Mars trailer

WalkingProblem

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 08, 2017, 03:44:21 PM
Hey Walking got an idea for a bug to use as an inbetween for warriors and tanker, the grenadier bug:
http://starshiptroopers.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_Grenadier_Bug

Note: Don't know why they are twice the size they were in the new Traitor of Mars trailer

Oh you found a nicer image of it. I did saw it when I was looking for reference for Plasma Bug (i have to be honest, not many reference)

Can consider, but should I really add more misery to what is already quite a miserable existence in the rimworld with arachnids? haha

Ashardalon411

Does they will spawn if the climate is cold ? example in boreal forest or the poles ?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 11, 2017, 03:27:42 PM
Does they will spawn if the climate is cold ? example in boreal forest or the poles ?

Yes they do. But if its overly cold, I doubt so... (if they do spawn, they die from the cold i guess...)

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Walking Problem on June 11, 2017, 05:01:20 PM
Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 11, 2017, 03:27:42 PM

Yes they do. But if its overly cold, I doubt so... (if they do spawn, they die from the cold i guess...)
That's odd cause they can be out in the coldest thing in the universe and that's the universe  :P
Re Invasion seen on the outside of the station chasing Trig. The tv series had them on the surface of Pluto, and Zephyr which is an asteroid itself. I would post a pic but the only one I found was 1200X750