[Request] save drafted colonist positions

Started by pawnstorm, April 22, 2014, 07:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawnstorm

I think it would be really useful if there was some way to save the exact positions of all your drafted colonists during a raid, and then to be able to make them return to those positions on consequent raids. Kinda like the "Save your current crew positions" and "Return crew to saved positions" buttons in FTL.

The most elegant way to implement this would probably be to have 2 extra icons available next to the undraft and fire buttons when you have one or more drafted colonists selected. One to save their positions and one to make them go to their designated position if they have one.

This would probably also be a nice standard feature to add to alpha 4, but I figured I'd post it in the mod section first since it'd be awesome to have this feature sooner, if possible.

Rousel

Yeah! Or a small menu pops up where you can capture positions and name them, so you put them in the west with long range Enfied at the back and name it "West Defence" but then you can click another one that you saved before as "Safe House" that has them all run back to your safety bunker.

pawnstorm

You mean like multiple formations for your colonists? That sounds pretty awesome actually!

So I figured I'd take a stab at this myself and I've managed to throw something together that seems to do what I want it to do. I didn't add the multiple formations thingy since it would've made the whole thing a lot more complicated. But I did add some buttons to force your colonists to eat or sleep, so you can make sure they're all fit for duty when the raiders finish staging.

Anyway, expect this in the Releases section later today :). I'll upload it when I finish ironing out the kinks.