Deffense Idea...

Started by rprestwich, May 20, 2017, 10:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rprestwich

Personally i think that the game lacks options when it comes to deffense equipment, obvisouly colonist have weapons but when being attacked by a large raid coloinist and turrets more often than not fail.

the ratio to what they drop to how much it cost to rebuild things in my opinion is negative towards the player, so i came up with a few simple ides that may help,

1, i would like to see more basic traps, for example a ditch, meaning it forces a raid to come the direction you would like, also they may fail into this an die from no food, or you can kill them or capture them as they have no way of escaping, this could be dependent on the persons traits,

2, a ditch with wood spikes, time consuming to build but little resources used, and would solve the issue what to do with the raider, as they would die,

obviously the height of the ditch may allow a raider to try climb out or be unable to and would require aassitance of some kind. rope or ladder or another colonist.

i have seen some mods with a moat or barbwire these are also good ideas but they need to be improved on as they dont work great.

Just a thought,