8x7 or 7x7 Bedrooms?

Started by Blitz4, May 21, 2017, 03:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euzio

I typically make mine 7x5 and that seems to satisfy my pawns. I prefer making them odd numbers since I usually like to place the doors in the center.

Casazzo

In a17 i know for a fact (just did it yesterday), that you are able to achieve "impressive bedroom" with a 4x4 room and 3-4 small statues. That's the only thing that counts imho, because it makes theese "greedy" colonists happy and the others won't mind sleeping in it while having a decent floor.

At this game i am using 11x11 blocks with 3 space-wakways inbetween. Theese can be parted in four 4x4 rooms. I am planning to switch to 13x13 blocks after i encountered the new sun-lamp-growing-space. That will result in four 5x5 rooms or six 3x5 rooms. I will report ;-)

Be aware, that impressiveness (giving the bonus) has nothing to do with size. Small rooms just make it harder to achive, because the smallest stat of a room (wealth, size, ...) has a hampering effect.

Jarwy

4x4 rooms with double beds in the very middle. Only for special cases would I make a room bigger. I think someone already mentioned that the mood bonus (or penalty) isn't really that significant.

Mkok

Why rectangle bedrooms? I rarely make any X x Y bedroom. It looks better.  ;)

travin

Quote from: cultist on May 21, 2017, 04:33:27 PM
I don't get why people fuss so much over room sizes.

Try being confined for six months in an undecorated room not much larger than your bed---essentially single occupancy prison cell--and report back to us how you feel about it.

cultist

Quote from: travin on May 22, 2017, 07:17:06 AM
Quote from: cultist on May 21, 2017, 04:33:27 PM
I don't get why people fuss so much over room sizes.

Try being confined for six months in an undecorated room not much larger than your bed---essentially single occupancy prison cell--and report back to us how you feel about it.

Hey, I give my pawns nice rooms - 5x5 is my standard but that is purely for aesthetics. You can go much smaller without much negative impact. One major problem is dirt - tiny rooms become dirty and lose beauty as soon as a single tile of dirt is present. Larger rooms can handle a little dirt without becoming too ugly.

MisterSpock

Just ignore the spacedebuff. Its not active when they are inside the room, because they mostly sleeping. Building big rooms is a disadvantage(in early game), because that time is needed for defending . It also increases the distance to walk.

2x3 is ok. But when you like that awesome bedroom modifier in lategame, is suggest something like 4x5 or 4x4 and 2 large statues of stone/wood.