What usually are your goals for the first 3 days?

Started by NinjaDiscoJew, May 21, 2017, 03:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaDiscoJew

Here is what mine looks like:

Day 1
>Create smallish building which has: Dinning room/work room, Storage room, seperate bedrooms, prison, and horseshoe (all out of wood)
>Make growing zones, dumping stockplies

Day 2
>Start stonecutting
>Start researching
>Create Fueled generator
>Create Freezer (out of stone)
>Start work on perimeter wall (also stone)

Day 3
>Expand starting building
>Continue work on perimeter wall/defenses.

grrizo

1: Set work priorities, set a stockpile, haul all the sh :o t, asign clothing, asign drug policies if there's teetotalers or junkies, asign work schedule if there's night owls, construct a little wooden shelter or set a roof under a premade structure, set sleeping spots under this roof, try not to be eaten alive.

2: Construct bedrooms, construct kitchen and a butchery (separately), construct a warehouse on the stockpile and a food storage separately, construct a workshop, set horseshoe poles. Everything with wood. Try not to be f :o cking eaten alive.

3: Set crops, contruct a barn if you have livestock, set some primitive security, construct a dinning room, construct a little hospital. Also everything with wood. Start mining steel and components for future electricity sources and if you have time construct a prison and a rec room. Try not to be eaten alive by the things that you want to eat.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Shurp

Plant rice, cotton, and healroot.

On a tribal start, hunt and make pemmican as soon as you get your first rice crop.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

ChJees

Day 1
Make a 7x7 barracks.
Make a outdoor stockpile.
Plan out farm fields and make concrete paths around them.

Day 2
Start farming.
Make a 7x7 workshop building.
Make a 7x7 non-freezer food storage with accompanying food processing wing.

Day 3
Make 4 bedrooms and a dining\joy room.

I focus on getting the basics of the colony up and running before i concentrate my efforts on getting my stone bricks production up and running. Building with stone ain't exactly fast.

NinjaDiscoJew

Quote from: ChJees on May 21, 2017, 06:37:11 PM
I focus on getting the basics of the colony up and running before i concentrate my efforts on getting my stone bricks production up and running. Building with stone ain't exactly fast.

It gives me a sense of security, I've lost too much from flames in past colonies...

vampiresoap

Security is paramount. Living standards can be improved later on when you're safe. At the beginning focus ALL your efforts on making the colony safe. That includes making it as small as possible, setting up turrets ASAP and getting sniper rifles.

East

I agree with the vampiresoap opinion. Defense is top priority.

1. Bed, dining table, chair and small room
2. Space setting and ceiling to save.
3. Start defense design. we get food from the surrounding wild plants. Food is fed manually. Then you can feed for a very long time.

ReZpawner

I usually play with a modified tribal start on boreal forest, so it's pretty much as follows:

Day 1: Have the designated constructor start building. 1x 11x11 room for storage, and another 11x11 room to be divided into sleepingquarters (4x 5x5 rooms), one colonist starts harvesting berries for food, The rest starts clearing a nearby area for farming.

Day 2: Setting up farming for: healroot, rice and cotton - enough to last through a winter. Builder starts working on kitchen area and lab. Set up a crafting spot and get the crafter to start working on bows.

Day 3: Necessary farming is pretty much done, set up another couple of small fields of rice and one with smokeleaf. Send people out to hunt, and start making pemmican in stupidly large quantities to last through winter. Begin researching complex clothing, followed by smithing and then stonecutting. Start building a workshop area for more serious crafting. Continue building sleeping-areas, and re-build all beds, as by this point the constructor should have some decent skills.

So at this point, I can pretty much just spend my time going hunting and gather up more wood for winter. With everyone equipped with bows, I can easily take out the first raid, and then start working on some great bows for extra range. With this setup, I'm set for weapons, clothes and food all through the first winter. And as an added bonus, some drugs to sell to some underage kids responsible traders.

As for the modifications I use for my tribal start, I don't start out with food, weapons or wood, only preferred traits(for starting colonists only) since I tend to spend hours randomising my starting colonists anyway. Random person joining + chased by pirates events are disabled, since the random person usually sucks, and I never ever ever accept the chased by pirates events.

Robb

Still fairly new to game (started playing in A16) so who knows if I'm doing anything right :D

I usually play on temperate terrain, mountainous area...storyteller and difficulty vary widely as I experiment with which combo I like most.

Day 1: I'll close in a small area up against the mountain. I'll typically wall in a small alcove with enough space to build 4-5 beds, a stonecutter bench and a small table. Build all that and haul all of the beginning material to a stockpile with a roof over it.

Day 2: Build/mine a freezer about 6x6 (it'll eventually be around 10x10) and place a/c unit(s). Lay down crop areas and start sowing/clearing. Whatever stone I clear will be used for walls unless there is an abundance of another rock laying nearby.

Day 3: Clear out more of the living area to place stove and butcher table (both up against freezer wall), build 2 wind turbines and/or 2 solar panels and build battery shed and place 3-4 batteries inside...lay down all power conduits.

After that, I'll build bedrooms and medical room. As I transfer pawns to their own rooms I expand original room out more for the workshop. As much as I want to get research going early I never seem to have a pawn I can assign until I have 4-5 pawns in colony. I'll make turrets the #1 priority. Sandbags/defense seem to always get built after a week has passed. First couple raids are easy so I don't worry about it at the very beginning.

MagicMagor

In retrorespect i don't have that many runs to draw experience from but here goes:
I now usually play on randy random - rough. Moving away from the general temperate climate to more colder regions, but nothing to extreme.

Day1
A roofed stockpile and a roofed place to sleep. Get the starting goods into the stockpile. Start growing food (especially with the longer grow-time in A17) and then start securing perimeter (walling in).
Day2
After finishing walling in the next project is the freezer. I might setup a butchers table and campfire for temporary food-measures depending on how much food i have. Also add a table and chair to the main room.
Day3
Proper setup of a kitchen. Start working on private bedrooms and a general dining room. After that it would be the workshop and fortifying defenses.

That is all for major building projects. Gaining resources and food (hunting) will go alongside depending on available labor and needs.

Listen1

Day 1 - 9x9 huge house, with everything we need, such as beds, workbench, and stockpile for everytring.

Day 2 - Start growing something, usually potatoes.

Day 3 - Make defense, make shortbows, and wall/fireproof around the crops. Start planning the individual rooms and prision.

khearn

Day 1 :

• Lay out plans for early colony, including freezer, kitchen, dining room, butcher/tailor shop, bedrooms & hospital.
  • Set up future freezer stockpile (8x8 or 9x9) with just walls at corners and roof designated over all of it. Set to accept everything but corpses.
  • Make 5x5 rice paddy and get at least a few plants sown so we can quit eating survival meals ASAP.
  • Build kitchen room with space for stove, 3 beds, short table and chairs.
  • Build 3 beds (assuming crashlanding scenario).
  • Start getting stuff hauled to stockpile.

Day 2 :

• Finish hauling everything to "freezer".
  • Set up butcher table where the future butcher/tailor shop will be. Set up textile stockpile around it, turn off textiles in freezer.
  • Hunt nearby easy targets of opportunity to get some meat.
  • Designate a few nearby berry bushes for harvesting.
  • Build stove in kitchen, start making simple meals. Forbid remaining survival meals.
  • Build table and chairs in kitchen.

Day 3:

• Designate trees for cutting.
  • Start building walls around freezer.
  • Start building solar and/or wind generator, battery (with roof over it)
  • Maybe start on coolers for freezer, if there is time.
  • Maybe get walls built for butcher/tailor room and move one bed to it, if there is time.

MisterSpock

I divide into 3 Jobs:
Miner: Getting some Steel

Builder: Build 5 Sleeping Rooms 2x3 size. Place Heater/Cooler in the midway of the complex like this.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743954648

Farmer: Planting potatos and berries.