Trains

Started by WMP, April 20, 2014, 10:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMP

I suggest to add trains economy: railroad tracks, railway wagon, locomotives, and new job - driver.

Peacekeep3r777

What would you use it for? :D Map aint that big for it, also it is stranded simulation and you are on enemy planet, so i guess trains is a bit no scifi for me :).

theSovietConnection

The only way I could see trains working would be if you happened to crash near a rail line between two allied (and offmap) settlements. It could make for a cool random map element, I suppose. Make it a bit like the trading paths on Age of Empires 3.

Flebe

Actually I can see it having quite a bit of potential for example it would allow you to trade with other Factions but it could be used to more a quite a few people or resources from parts of the map to other parts. It sounds a bit dull but to be honest having 20 Colonists moving at a snails pace to the other side of the base but if you had a train you could move say 4 people per carriage it would make it a lot faster. Okay it would be a bit stupid and expensive but it would be fun
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.

Renham

maybe in the future we will see some larger maps, and many different factions.. having a rail road would be good, also I was thinking on an economic system based in a trading outpost, you set what you want to sell and the maximum amount. and when you are visited by other factions they can buy... also riders could try to steal from you instead of just killing you like it was the whole point of it.
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

SurvivoroftheNoobs

If you play the map i do at 900000 squares having fast transportation would be nice. It doesnt lag now though i can only imagine what trains would do to it.

Celthric Aysen

I don't really see Trains being in the game in the future, BUT! Minecarts is a possibility.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"