Character Customization

Started by Argain, April 20, 2014, 11:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argain

I love the game and think you guys are doing an awesome job with it, but there were a couple things that occurred to me would be nice to have in it... not necessarily needed, just would be nice:

1) An option to specify how many colonists to start with, such as 1-5 colonists... could be an interesting challenge to see how well a scenario would go of just one guy crash landing on an alien planet.
2) An 'advanced' option for character creation, to distribute stats to specifically desired areas (and setting the character graphic) instead of repeatedly hitting the Random button and hoping for the best.

My apologies if these have already been requested somewhere... didn't see them in the sticky thread and was feeling too lazy to go searching :P

Vetack

I actually just suggested in the cheap suggestions for the customization of how many colonists you start with. I also thought you could customize how many resources, status of colonists (ie injuries, emotional state etc) and equipment

Jack 123

James009

More character customization NEVER hurts. This is a great idea.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Vagabond

Hello,

I don't honestly see the point of randomize, aside as being a placeholder. I always hit the button until I find something I like. The important thing is making sure each background (childhood/adult), and trait have pro's and con's; Some things locking the selection of others.

This wouldn't be an exercise in min-maxing either, as in this example backgrounds and traits are balanced with positive and negative effects. It's just giving you the ability to determine who you innitial characters are.

Cheers,
Michael