Buildout Flu as a contagious illness

Started by Bughunter99, April 14, 2018, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bughunter99

Influenza is a contagious illness.  I would love to see it built out a bit further.  I took a few liberties with what occurs with actual influenza to make it more interesting.

1.  No one gets influenza that is isolated. (No exposure)  Colony's not getting visitors have zero risk
2.  Influenza is only acquired during flu season Oct-Mar or equivalent in game.
3.  Influenza can be prevented if a flu vaccine is taken once a calendar year.  Chicken eggs are needed to make flu vaccine.
4.  Colonists with Influenza should be isolated from other colonists for 5 days and only treated with a vaccinated doctor, or there is a risk of spread.  Quarantine flag can be placed on room door for this. 
5. Elderly (Frail) colonists  have a 15% chance of dying from Influenza.  All others are just bedridden for 5-7 days with no need for medication and no need for treatment.  They can feed themselves after day 3 but are not able to work until well again.
6.  Asthmatics have slight further deterioration of lung function after illness.
7. Colony's that allow chickens or boars in the house during flu season risk pandemic form influenza mutation which comes with 30% chance of mortality and cannot be treated.  Survivors are forever immune to all influenza.  This is a trait colonists can start with.
8. Influenza can be used a as bioweapon.  An infected colonist can be sent to negotiate with an enemy.  They will acquire influenza and be weakened for 2 weeks. 

KozmoD

Loved it! while we are on it, I want rats to enter my base, make secret colonies hiding inside walls and make my pawns sick. Make so cats/yorkshires are able to find those colonies and eat the rats (so they have any use).
Like an infestation, but instead of bear sized spiders we get rats and maybe even crockroaches!

O Negative

I've been hoping for a communicable disease update for what seems like an eternity. I hope this gets looked at and considered at some point in time. If not, I'll have to take my C# class at university extra serious and just make it happen myself >:( lol

KozmoD