[A17.1543] One-arm + alcohol withdrawal = 0 manipulation

Started by Slamz, May 22, 2017, 07:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamz

Not sure if bug but....

Alcohol withdrawal gives an absolute penalty of -50%. Combined with having 1 arm, this makes their manipulation value be "none" (they actually walk up and eat food off the ground because they can't pick anything up...)

I would think alcohol withdrawal should be a relative penalty of -50%, meaning 100% - one arm penalty of 50% = 50% and then relative alcohol withdrawal of 50% would leave them at 25%.

nccvoyager

So, if I'm getting this right...

Pawn has one arm, makes -0.5 manipulation.
Manipulation base value is now 0.5.
Alcohol withdrawal creates a -0.5 manipulation modifier.
Results in manipulation value of 0.

This results in the pawn consuming food by kneeling down and stuffing his face into his meal while it is on the ground.

Suggested course of action; change alcohol withdrawal to a x0.5 modifier instead of a -0.5 modifier.
This would reduce manipulation to 0.5 with an otherwise fully healthy pawn, while leaving some manipulation intact for compromised pawns.

(Notable that this does make for some pretty funny behaviour though. "I need a drink so bad that I can't remember how to pick up a food tray.")

Rimrue

I had pawn like that. I had to keep giving him a beer just so he could do anything. Eventually I got a prosthetic arm and then he could finish rehab. Lol

ymc

I have a pawn right now that is pretty much a vegetable, brain 1/10 permanent damage. Walks around consciousness 45% or something.

The instant anything else goes wrong, a small nick gives her blood loss (initial), she smokes a smokeleaf joint, drinks a beer, or she has malnutrition (minor) @0.01%, she collapses and needs rescuing.

O Negative

Having the ability to multiply stat capacities by a factor rather than just offset them would be a great solution to a lot of these problems. It's already been mentioned, but I wanted to second the suggestion :P

ison

I think Tynan should take a look at it and decide if it's ok.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Tynan

Unless there's some reason not to, it seems like it should be a factor instead of an offset.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kenneth