How to tend own wound?

Started by Ahenci, May 19, 2017, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahenci

It doesn't seem to be an option...

My only doctor is dying and he barely leaves bed.

khearn

Go to the pawn's health tab and look at the bottom, there will be a "Self Tend" with a red X or a green check mark. If it's a red X, click on it to change it.

Note that this only works on A17. If you're using A16, pawns can't self-tend.

ArguedPiano

Is there a penalty when self tending? (I haven't played a17 yet)
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

khearn

Yes, there is a penalty, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. Whenever possible, you should have someone else do it. Although I guess if you have a level 20 doctor and your second best is level 2, you might still be better off with "Physician, heal thyself."

Rimrue

Also, you have to right click him and tell him to treat himself. They don't automatically do it. And I believe he'll need to be standing to do it. If he's lying down the option won't appear. It took me a bit to figure that out. Lol

Hope that helps!

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: ArguedPiano on May 19, 2017, 02:35:56 PM
Is there a penalty when self tending? (I haven't played a17 yet)

I believe self-tend is at 70% efficiency.

loc978

There's also a mod option or two, if you don't want to wait for A17. Simplest one is probably Rimkit: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29043.0 (third mod down)

ReZpawner

Surely it can't be long until the release now. There might be one or two bugs to fix, but other than that, A17 is very much finished at this point, and we're all just waiting for the final release.

hal98

Quote from: ReZpawner on May 21, 2017, 11:59:14 PM
Surely it can't be long until the release now. There might be one or two bugs to fix, but other than that, A17 is very much finished at this point, and we're all just waiting for the final release.

should be pretty close now. i just hope the modders wont take too long to update their mods when its out.

Renegrade

Quote from: Rimrue on May 19, 2017, 02:47:13 PM
Also, you have to right click him and tell him to treat himself. They don't automatically do it. And I believe he'll need to be standing to do it. If he's lying down the option won't appear. It took me a bit to figure that out. Lol

Actually, they DO tend themselves automatically at times.  Not sure what the trigger is, but I've definitely seen them spontaneously self-tend.   I think you might have to have Patient or Bedrest below the Doctoring skill in the priorities for it to happen (untested).

You're right on the lying down bit though.  Gotta get 'em up.  Also, sometimes the option isn't available if they're in motion.  It seems like it won't appear if they're in between cells.

glennt

Its a great feature the self-tend, I have been building my bases differently because of it. I have a front line and a second line of defence and if pawns get injured, I send them back to the second line and let them heal themselves. Really handy not having to have a doctor on hand and taking him away from the front line.

Ahenci

And A17 is now out ;D

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Edit: I updated and lost all my saves, so yeah. I'm having my money back.