Proximity detector

Started by Stormkiko, May 24, 2017, 03:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormkiko

I play on large maps and sometimes when raiders enter the map I either forget about them or it doesn't make a lot of sense that I know they are there (ex. on the other side of two mountains on a large map).

What I was thinking would be neat is a line of sight aspect and proximity detectors. Having to rely on line of sight at the beginning would add a level of danger to hidden bases as you may not see raiders until they are right on top of you. Later on proximity detectors would warn you of raiders as they walk through it's range. This could also lead to interesting scenarios such as raiders sending one or two people ahead to try and take out the detectors so the rest of the raid can more easily sneak in.

I'm not talking about a complete fog of war, you could still see them like you could animals all over the map, but you don't get alerted to their presence until they either pass a proximity detector or are spotted by a colonist.

shaw357

Maybe make that a toggable FOW or a mod, but I really enjoy not having any Fog of War.

Stormkiko

I'm not looking for a fog of war, just for the notifications that you are being raided to come later. Because really, if they are on the far side of a large map behind two mountains and a valley, your colony shouldn't know they are there. Still allow the players to see them like you can animals, but maybe don't warn of the incoming raid until they are closer.

Limdood

This is another topic that's been suggested to death and argued by both sides VEHEMENTLY.

Stormkiko

Fair enough. I tend to stay out of the suggestion threads, most of the forums for that matter until just before a new alpha.