No more 90c+ poles

Started by adrian010886, May 24, 2017, 06:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian010886

Just wondering what happened to the really cold parts of the world. Since the update I have been searching for a really cold (above 90c) but can only seem to find max 85c.

Bozobub

Um...  "Really cold" and "above 90°C" are NOT compatible concepts, unless you aren't remotely human; that's 194°F :o!  For that matter, 90°F isn't particularly "cold", possibly excepting some tropical and/or desert natives (I've had Jamaican friends who would shiver at anything under 80-85°F ;D)
Thanks, belgord!

O Negative

Perhaps you got above and under mixed up, and just forgot to put the negatives before the numbers?

ReZpawner

They obviously mean "below -90C". English isn't everyones first language, and it's perfectly understandable.

Those temperatures were rather rare in the most recent A16 builds too, Adrian010886, so it may just take a really long time to find them.

mellowautomata

I kinda of wish they had some sort of temperature overlay for the world map. I looked at some videos back from earlier alphas and apparently such a thing did, in fact, exist? I mean, before the globe world

Gu1l7y5p4rk

The earlier world generator did in fact have 'overlays' for things such as temp, rainfall, elevation etc.

tyriaelsoban

i made a world in a16 with a -160*C polar temp (base was 130, but i had the hoarfrost mod with perma cold snap) ... it was like last week...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932420469  - i know the SS only shows -142, but its not the middle of winter and its also not 3AM on the map.

El Bearsidente

Lowest winter temp I've found so far is -92.8C, in seed "chess" (84.03N, 66,99E)

Chess used to have spots with -130C

Quote from: tyriaelsoban on May 25, 2017, 04:43:58 AM
i made a world in a16 with a -160*C polar temp (base was 130, but i had the hoarfrost mod with perma cold snap) ... it was like last week...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932420469  - i know the SS only shows -142, but its not the middle of winter and its also not 3AM on the map.
Once I had one with -170C. Didn't realize how cold it was until all my bears fell over dead within literally minutes. Then half my colonists fell over needing rescue. Still not sure how they lived long enough for the first heater to be up.

MisterSpock