[A17]Sea ice not covering the planet properly

Started by 0H3AT, May 25, 2017, 01:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0H3AT

1. I set planet coverage to 50%, overall rainfall all the way to the right and temperature all the way to the left.

2. The ice coverage doesn't progress past 50% of the planet which results in ice being cut in a straight line on the 50% border, which looks really unnatural.

3. I think the sea ice shouldn't extend that much or the planet coverage should increase along with it

4. So, basically make a planet with less than 100% coverage and set temperature to the lowest possible and also overall rainfall to the highest possible.

5. Don't think it's necessary.

6. Don't think it's necessary

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. I have generated a world based on your reproduction steps, so can you please confirm the screenshot attached matches what you are getting (mainly to ensure that everyone is on the same page).

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Tynan

It's just because sea ice doesn't relate to altitude, so it isn't faded off at the edge of the generated area.

We should probably have sea ice fade towards the edge of the generated area, just a bit, to make some irregularity on the edge.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison

We could have sea ice fade towards the edge, but then we'll have "ocean" tiles with very low temperatures which normally shouldn't happen.

ison

ison

The transition will now be seamless (but not in A18, because it would break save compatibility). Thanks.