[A17] PeteTimesSix's QOL tweaks pack (1.0.2)

Started by PeteTimesSix, May 25, 2017, 08:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 04, 2018, 07:03:55 AM
Test update to b18.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HXYs4aJ7YfwfADORUV9lIw8FJKlU0k0K

YES!!! Thank you so much, sir. I can't wait to try out New Orders, it can be frustrating trying to move just 1 specific item to a certain spot. Also, Walk Off Bruises looks fantastic. I'm still confused what the difference is between guessing and estimating with Surgery Estimates. What makes the doctor estimate over guess? Is it based on their medicine level?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 04, 2018, 07:41:24 AM
Test update to b18.

YES!!! Thank you so much, sir. I can't wait to try out New Orders, it can be frustrating trying to move just 1 specific item to a certain spot. Also, Walk Off Bruises looks fantastic. I'm still confused what the difference is between guessing and estimating with Surgery Estimates. What makes the doctor estimate over guess? Is it based on their medicine level?

Still need work, not all features works. Yup, for example Surgery estimating.

wwWraith

Test update to b18.
Surgery estimates and Meal equivalency work for me. But New orders and Walking off bruises not work. Haven't tested Butchering storage efficiency and Trading stockpiles.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Kori

Is there still an update for all the features for B18 in the making?

wwWraith

I should change my previous comment, probably. After more lenghty gameplay I'd say it all indeed works. Sometimes I'm just not sure but more likely it works than not :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Kori

But even skyarkhangel said not all features would be working?  :D

wwWraith

"Surgery estimates" shows its window only when you have zoomed very near and some pawn took the surgery job. Though maybe there are other circumstances as I'm not sure that I saw it every time. "New orders" uses Shift+RClick that in B18 adds them to the jobs queue instead of forcing to execute right now:

Quote from: wwWraith on February 19, 2018, 10:30:06 AM
I think Shift is hardcoded in this mod (it was there from the earlier alphas when there were no manual queues) so I recommend to rebind the default key for queueing in RimWorld options, e.g. Shift+RClick will bring these orders while Alt+RClick will add the job to the queue; it will work combined, too.

"Walking off bruises" is intended to save medicines when treating wounds that couldn't end with scars but it's not easy (at least for me) to say if some wound were of that type. But I saw the medicines were saved at least sometimes.

Kori

Thanks for elaborating on this!

Pick up and drop isn't working for me. When I order to drop the item somewhere, my pawn just ignores it and walks to the next thing he wants to do instead, keeping the item and dropping it there. Maybe it is a conflict with the While you are up mod, does it work for you?

skyarkhangel thanks for updating this mod! :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on February 19, 2018, 06:29:29 PM
Pick up and drop isn't working for me. When I order to drop the item somewhere, my pawn just ignores it and walks to the next thing he wants to do instead, keeping the item and dropping it there. Maybe it is a conflict with the While you are up mod

Kori, I believe you are having the same issue I was having when I tried this out last time. I was having trouble remembering it, but now you've reminded me.

But I really think this would be top notch if the "pick up from here and then drop over there" command could work fully. And I'm talking about telling a pawn where he's going to be dropping some after you tell him to pick it up, but before he picks it up. That way I can queue the whole move order at once, and not have to hold hands the whole time, one swift motion.

It's funny how we all ended up on this thread now, too :P

shadowstitch

I miss the QOL tweaks for Meal Equivalency, Surgery Estimates, Butchering Storage and Walking Off Bruises.  After using them for so long in earlier versions of Rimworld, their absence is conspicuous in my 1.0 playthroughs.

Lethe

Quote from: shadowstitch on December 18, 2018, 03:03:01 PM
I miss the QOL tweaks for Meal Equivalency, Surgery Estimates, Butchering Storage and Walking Off Bruises.  After using them for so long in earlier versions of Rimworld, their absence is conspicuous in my 1.0 playthroughs.

"Walking off bruises" functionality can be achieved by Uuugggg's Smart Medicine or Fluffy's Pharmacist. Hatti's QualitySurgeon can help ensure only the best surgeon does the surgery, although it doesn't give estimates. 'Less Arbitrary Surgery' can make surgery more straightforward so you don't have to worry about failures so much...

"Meal equivalency" couldn't you just set the workbill to "count all in stockpile/inventory" and have them maintain that? Or, do you just not realize when you run out of meat and need to switch over...? I suppose you could keep a second bill to main X meals for simple meals too just so you don't run out... In other words, Maintain 40 fine meals and another to maintain 20 simple meals.

I suppose if you need more help managing food levels, Food Alert by Mehni could help keep you informed.

I don't think I encountered anything that does what "Butchering storage efficiency" does. Although, with stackXXL and just making a bigger fridge that's not really an issue for me...

"Trading stockpiles" is a pretty nifty concept. AutoSeller might help you reach similar functionality, although it has more set up.

LWM

If PeteTimesSix would allow, I would see about porting the Surgery Estimates part to 1.0.

--LWM