Add Sheep

Started by Darkmark8910, May 25, 2017, 08:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmark8910

Why don't we have sheep in this awesome game?

We have pigs, chickens, cows... and I can see why we don't have horses yet (major addition). But sheep aren't BAAAAAAAd animals. On the contrary, they're ready to RAMpage throughout the landscape, destroying all colonies with their SHEAR power. No one can resist the sheep.

Also, they have easy-to-find sound effects online, have clear mechanics (shear sheep, get wool), and are, well... CUTE SHEEPIES.

Ichoreen

Alpaca render Sheep obsolete. Alpaca do not need half the maintained of sheep (who will die without constant butt wiping and butt wool trimming. Sheep wool also is extremely oily and requires heavy washing before it can be spun into useful fibre but Alpaca fleece does not have an oil component in its heat retention adaptation. All in all it is a massively lass labour intensive species.

O Negative

Quote from: Ichoreen on May 25, 2017, 10:30:49 AM
Alpaca render Sheep obsolete. Alpaca do not need half the maintained of sheep (who will die without constant butt wiping and butt wool trimming. Sheep wool also is extremely oily and requires heavy washing before it can be spun into useful fibre but Alpaca fleece does not have an oil component in its heat retention adaptation. All in all it is a massively lass labour intensive species.
I see no argument here for cuteness, sir >:(

Sheep would be a great farm addition, imo. Even though pigs are almost useless, in my experience, I keep them around for an aesthetic feel.

RainbowShade107

I was actually just finishing up my first mod for this. Everything's fine just gotta work on textures more and sounds. Sheep are great for wool and milk and well... Rams would be great for combat ^^ I think they'll be a great addition until hygene is in the game

RyanRim

I'd like to see them sheep droppings lying around in my living quarters  8)

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

ReZpawner

I'm actually somewhat surprised that sheep aren't already in the game. Doesn't Tynan care about the Welsh and Kiwis at all?

Calahan

Quote from: ReZpawner on May 26, 2017, 03:52:15 AM
I'm actually somewhat surprised that sheep aren't already in the game. Doesn't Tynan care about the Welsh and Kiwis at all?
As I've said before, sheep aren't in the game as per the game lore :)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16147.msg174393#msg174393

And the Kiwi's, baaaahhhh. They breed inferior sheep all round. So runty they can't even be called sheep. Plus by 5500 they won't even be allowed to have any sheep, runty or not. If NZ even exists that is given the humiliation they'll have endured with the All Black's having certainly* lost to Wales at least 3,000 times** between now and then.

* okay, maybe not that certain.
** But reckon it'll happen once. Probably. Maybe. Okay it's a longshot, but if all the planets align, and once the Welsh are ruling the galaxy and nobody dare to insult us by beating us at our national game for fear of brutal reprisal, then, then we might just sneak one. Oh and the length of a game would have to be cut to 40 or 60 minutes. But that's just blatantly obvious and not worth mentioning.