Fire destroyed my base

Started by DrOnline, May 25, 2017, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

Love that orange glow of the super hot air, a feature that I rarely see ;D Colonist will catch fire just standing in such a room, keep them out at all costs.
Generally, if theres a fire bigger than 4x4 tiles in a room you better find a way to vent that room, deconstruct a wall leading outside or remove some roof.
A lot of players also prefer stone to wood, takes longer to build but is fireproof. The base looks nice though; the paste dispenser could use a food hopper, else it wont work.

Topper

I wish fire was harder to put out..its never much a threat and it would love to have my base burned!

RimworldOx

Make Granite Blocks as early as possible, have 1 good crafter do that 24/7, and build a beautiful stone Castle instead of a flimsy wood colony :D

hoffmale

Quote from: Topper on May 26, 2017, 09:38:11 PM
I wish fire was harder to put out..its never much a threat and it would love to have my base burned!
Well, with a bit of preparation fires aren't that much of hassle, true. Still, they can (and with Murphys help, will!) come to surprise you in the worst circumstances. Just lost a full freezer to fire during a tribal raid. But it couldn't spread further, so the colony survived with an near empty stomach ;)

@OP: Just noticed you have a lot of steel walls. I hope you do know they can burn, too! (It's a bit weird with rimworld, steel walls burn, yet steel based floors don't...)

Andy_Dandy

Nice. I have been wishing for flamable floors for years.

JimJammer89

Your freezer is only one wall thick and thus leaks out quite a bit of cold air. I recommend having at least a two wall thick freezer for maximum conservation of that precious, precious energy. Also, if you're in a colder climate, try making a way to route the hot air produced by the cooler into the base proper. Maybe with that nifty on-off mechanic now in the the vents?
Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on August 31, 2015, 11:57:18 AM
Who needs a force field when you can have a chicken field?