shelving increases max stack size

Started by Jstank, May 25, 2017, 07:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstank

We have shelves, and so they should be more efficient at stacking things than putting them on the floor. Obviously a shelf has more than one surface and therefore could double or tripple stack size.  ;D
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Jstank on May 25, 2017, 07:29:04 PM
We have shelves, and so they should be more efficient at stacking things than putting them on the floor. Obviously a shelf has more than one surface and therefore could double or tripple stack size.  ;D

+1

Right now, I never use shelves. To me, they seem a waste of resources. At one point they were good because you could prevent things from deteriorating. But now it is easier/cheaper to build a single wall with a roof and place a stockpile under it for any needed use.

edit: I did forget one use for shelves, they hide an items ugliness. So I guess there is a slight use for them. Still not worth it to me, but to each their own of course.

tocsin1990

also +1.

Right now, shelves are pretty much useless, as far as efficiency goes.  It just doesn't make sense that an entire shelf should only be able to hold a single pistol.

Perq

You mean like real storage? With shelfs and stuff? D:
But doing so would also require then to have "crippling" move speed penalty so that people build them like... well, just like in real world, instead of simply filling the space with shelfs
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

NinjaDiscoJew

TKabutz

Something like this would finally give you a reason to build a storage room made entirely out of shelves.
Therefore
+1 (I like this idea)

Rimrue

Shelves remove the beauty debuff on items, so they do serve some purpose. But increasing their capacity for holding things would definitely make them more useful. :)

Jstank

This is what my stockpiles currently look like!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Old Marm

Yes, please add this feature.  It makes more sense and is not as exploitative  as  XL Stacks, which I use gratefully but a bit regretfully.

IronSquid501

+1. Best basic idea I've heard in a long time.