Official: Irish

Started by caoluisce, October 22, 2023, 03:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caoluisce

Hello everyone,

I thought I would start a thread for an official Irish tranlsation.

I intend to start working on this translation shortly, time permitting.

caoluisce

I have updated the Rimworld-ga repository with the correct files, some of which have been translated. The translation is mostly in very early stages right now, only the main menus and some other random text has been translated. I wanted to commit these changes anyway to make sure my repository was working correctly.

I have also added a note to the message on the main menu to inform any players that the GA translation is under development.

I noticed that there are a lot of game-specific terms which will also need to be translated to Irish, I can post lists of those terms here if needed, in case anyone else would like to discuss them or offer other ideas as translation work continues.

Some of the files I used in Core/ were taken from the Rimworld German tranlsation - I used those files as an example/template of how another language dealt with formatting and grammatical gender. This means that if you open the GA version, the untranslated text will be a mixture of German and English (but this will be fixed soon).