Friend died debuff and pretty/beautiful people.

Started by doctercorgi, May 25, 2017, 10:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctercorgi

Pawns get the my friend died debuff when a pretty or beautiful person dies even if they have never met the person. I had a model fleeing from tribals, but once I saw he was a model I just left him out there to be captured. Now my pawns have the "my friend died" debuff but no one ever saw the guy. I'm pretty sure this is the opposite with an ugly pawn, as the opinion modifier is instant?

drunetovich

Disappointed much more by the fact that a pretty person expired at your doorstep, then when ugly one does? I probably could relate to that.

doctercorgi

How could you be disappointed when you never even knew he was there? And its really annoying having to deal with debuff, it lasts for so long.

DariusWolfe

Yeah, tbh the appearance traits (Beautiful/Pretty/Ugly/Staggeringly Ugly) are completely broken (or at least the extreme ends are). I'm considering finding a way to mod them out of the game entirely.

doctercorgi

Change it so that their opinion changes only after they interact for the first time.

NeverPire

I have had exactly the opposite, a global mood buff for all my colonists because a fleeing pawn was ugly.

My rival has died + ...

In my case that was nice but still strange, having never met the people.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

DariusWolfe

You know, honestly how I'd like to see beauty/ugliness work is as a buff/debuff to social interactions. Interactions that increase relationships get a buff from pretty/beautiful people, and a debuff from ugly/staggeringly people, and vice versa for relationship reducing interactions. So, pretty people gain relationship considerably faster, ugly people gain it slower; But it's kind of stupid that people will hate that colonist they've known for years, lived with, fought beside, ate meals with, to the point that they're actually happy when they die... for no other reason than that they were ugly. On the flip side, being depressed about a pretty stranger dying is equally stupid.

Tynan

It's a designed limitation of the social and pawn-knowledge systems in general. They always have global knowledge and relationships are more or less global too. This simplifies things a LOT and makes it performance feasible to run.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog