Kinda Bug thing with tab opening [Update - Not a bug]

Started by NachoToast, May 26, 2017, 12:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NachoToast

So I'm not sure if this is a bug but I know it definitely wasn't in a16...

So when I open a tab (e.g. the work tab) and then click on a colonist (in the colonist bar on the top of the screen) it takes me to the colonist but doesn't change the tab (e.g. from the work tab to the selected colonist tab). Just a very very small little difference...
-NachoToast

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report, although I can't reproduce what you are observing. I tried opening the work tab and:

- single left-clicking on a Pawn from the colonist bar selected that Pawn and the menu changed to the Pawn info panel.
- double left-clicking on a Pawn from the colonist bar selected that Pawn and the menu changed to the Pawn info panel. The view also centred on the Pawn.
- right-clicking on a Pawn from the colonist bar opened the world map.

I also just checked all the above in A16 and it is works the same. The only difference is: 

A16 - left-clicking a Pawn directly from the work tab selects the Pawn and opens the Pawn info panel.
A17 - left-clicking a Pawn directly from the work tab selects the Pawn and the work tab remains open.

So is this what you are reporting? If so then this was an intentional change based on the following bug report https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32285.0

If this is not what you are reporting then can you please confirm whether or not you are using any mods, as maybe a mod has changed the vanilla behaviour. If not then please can you post your log file and ideally a save game as well so that this can be investigated further.

NachoToast

Yeah it's stopped happening now for some reason, not exactly sure why though... save file is long gone sorry.
-NachoToast

Calahan

No worries about the save, and it just sounds like there was some temp glitch or something going on. But as long as it's working okay now then that what matters. And it's really appreciated that you posted again with an update so that we know this issue has been resolved.

Closing this then as a non-bug.