[A17] Visiting AI caravans wander into bedrooms

Started by GiantSpaceHamster, May 26, 2017, 03:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiantSpaceHamster

AI caravans visiting my colony keep going into bedrooms. They often wake up my colonists by doing this multiple times at night. The bedrooms are near where the caravan decided it would congregate around. See attached screenshot. They also go into the bedroom to the right of the one they are in here.

This feels like a bug, but behavior to avoid bedrooms may just not be implemented or intended at the moment.

It would be nice if friendly visitors did not go into bedrooms, or at the very least did not go into them at night. Even better would be the ability to set allowed zones for friendly visitors, or some other way to provide a gathering spot for them similar to caravan loading spots and party gathering spots.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

NeverPire

I know it's not the right place but as you have done a suggestion, I would like to extend it.

Placing caravan meeting spot in a beautiful, clean and dedicated room could improve the trade a little.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

alexdgreat

Yeah, yeah, I noticed this odd behavior too.  Friendly caravan can make a stop next to my fridge, and pack-animals will continuously walk into fridge and eat my food. Next time, in the middle of bitter cold winter, caravan make stop next to greenhouse, then people and animals began to endlessly walking in & out to greenhouse, leaving doors open for a long. It's a miracle that they did not freeze the crops.

drunetovich

They decided to park next to my hospital, polluting it with animal filth, and reducing the tending quality. Trading spot should be controlled by player, i think there was a mod for it some time ago.

ison

Okay, thanks for reporting. Ideally this should be fixed, but it's not strictly a bug. Added to todo.