A17 new wall drawing system

Started by mrofa, May 26, 2017, 03:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

A17 did change the walls and wall drawing system, texture atlas size is now 320x320.
Currently each square have 80x80 pix, but here lies the challange, thous extra 8 squares from each side will randomly overlap each other in game, you dont have any controll over it or atleast i didnt find it yet.
As showed on the gif below, area covered with black lines is a overlap area

Hope it will help you guys fix`in stuff
All i do is clutter all around.

dburgdorf

When updating my "Smooth Stone Walls" mod, I didn't notice any overlapping at all. What happens is that the 64x64 area in the center of each 80x80 square is loaded as the in-game graphic, and the border areas are just ignored completely.

If you look at the wall atlas graphics in my mod, you'll notice I used those "dead spaces" for bright red markers so I could easily remember which segments connect in which directions. Those red markers do *not* show up in game.  ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DaemonDeathAngel

This needs to be pinned. This Solved my issue

skullywag

Quote from: dburgdorf on May 26, 2017, 09:22:17 AM
When updating my "Smooth Stone Walls" mod, I didn't notice any overlapping at all. What happens is that the 64x64 area in the center of each 80x80 square is loaded as the in-game graphic, and the border areas are just ignored completely.

If you look at the wall atlas graphics in my mod, you'll notice I used those "dead spaces" for bright red markers so I could easily remember which segments connect in which directions. Those red markers do *not* show up in game.  ;)

But what will happen is when mipmapping occurs on some machines the 1st row of pixels or so will be seen on the opposite side of the image, thats what this change fixes, by having the wall continue a little ways it stops this annoying white line bug some people see at certain zoom levels.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mrofa

Its my bad, should have showed detailed wall
All i do is clutter all around.

kaptain_kavern

Regarding this topic subject, I need your help collegues:

I'm maintaining IthyFlea's Modular Tables mod now. Everything is working great except some visual glitches I wasn't understanding until I recall this post by mrofa.

After checking, indeed my atlas texture files are all in 256x256 and I guess I have to make them bigger.

I totally suck at "graphical stuff"/"art" and I'm sure I have not understand everything mrofa was explaining.    Is there someone to do it for me, pretty please?

Thank you in advance for your time

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]