[1.3] [KV] Change Research Speed [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 26, 2017, 03:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

[1.0] Update:
Works again with most recent unstable build

NeoSono

did the most recent patch break it again? I get an error when loading my savegame.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kiame

Kiame

Just booted it up and everything seems ok. Let me re-upload it, i may have not done that...

NeoSono

hmm then what is that error message about? it stopped appearing once I deactivated your mod, so it is something related to your mod. maybe interacting with another mod?

edit:  I downloaded your mod yesterday with 1.0.1981 being the version and have played witrh the same mods and everything. Only thing that changed is the game version to 1.0.1982. So it worked fine until 1982 came out, so I doubt it is the wrong uploaded version.

Kiame

Derp totally spaced on the image...

Umm i've actually never seen that error before. This mod does nothing with the cursor so no idea what it's actually complaining about.

Are you on a linux or mac box by chance? I remember i've had other strange issues in those cases

NeoSono

No, just the windows steam version. Im playing on windows 10...
So what would do something with the cursor (I have no idea about rimworld modding ;)) and interact with your mod? cause as I said it disappeared as soon as I deactivated your mod and everything works fine. Only difference to yesterday is that I now need double the research again :(

edit: ok I say its just the derpiness of savegames through different rimworld versions...
I deactivated it earlier and the message disappeared and now if I reactivate it seems fine, strange thing is my tech level is only medieval now but still better than neolithic :D.

edit²: ok I give up. If I then save with the mod again and reload its the same error again :(. so really no idea what this is...

Kiame

And just to confirm you have the latest 1.0 mod version? https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-modifyresearchtime/releases/download/1.0/ChangeResearchSpeed.zip

I took a look again at the exception and I see at the bottom there's an ExposeData exception that was blurring with the cursor message. I'll keep my eye out for that but as of yet I've not run into that issue on my side

Edit: Another thought.... verify in Mod Settings -> Change Research Speed (when a game is running) that the Global and Game inputs are both valid numbers

NeoSono

I downloaded again from the link you provided. Deleted the folder and unpacked it again. Activated it and loaded up my savegame. I then checked the values, which were both at 1 and I applied them again to make sure. The option to advance in tech level was still checked with the second option being off which I also applied again. I saved and reloaded and got the error message again...

I loaded another save from a different colony which didnt have any mods and activated your mod and saved and reloaded and no error message. So something changed between 1.0.1981 to 1982 so that I get mod interaction that leads to that error message. Since I can keep playing without it I will just do that now and maybe it will resolve itself, since I don't want to get into rimworld modding just to find out which mods may interact there ;)

ThiIsMe007

(removed, link has been fixed by Kiame)

Thank you very much for your mod(s)!

Kiame

doh!
Thanks for the catch. I copied A17's link forgetting i had changed Time to Speed with B19  :o

LordShotGun

Does this reduce the actual number of research points in the research menu or does it increase the speed at which the pawns research?

Edit : NVM I'm just an idiot and didn't hit "apply" when changing my settings.