[1.3] [KV] Change Research Speed [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 26, 2017, 03:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Glad that seems to have fixed the problem. Sorry again for the trouble. Let me know if you find anything else peculiar

Necromenta

Quote from: Kiame on November 20, 2017, 12:32:55 AM
Glad that seems to have fixed the problem. Sorry again for the trouble. Let me know if you find anything else peculiar

hey... im again the problem seems to keep here, but i have an image to show you

https://www.kn3.net/60690CC3198PNG.html

As you can see in the image, the missing research have points

Kiame

Just to confirm you do have the most recent version?

What factor are you using and did you change it while the game was in progress?

Necromenta

Quote from: Kiame on November 22, 2017, 01:30:46 PM
Just to confirm you do have the most recent version?

What factor are you using and did you change it while the game was in progress?

yes, i downloaded and installed it again when it bugged the first time (and i posted here) im using 1.0 global factor and 0.5 current game factor. i´ll download and install it again, just for sure

Kiame

Just know the first time you load the game after saving with the older version the research will be off like in your screenshot. Use the Dev mode and insta-finish to re-complete the research. All future saves will work correctly. For full instructions on using the dev-mode insta-complete see my post from a few days ago:

QuoteI just fixed a problem I introduced with the last update. There is a chance when loading a save with the previous version of the mod where previous research is no longer finished. If you run into this problem please enable debug mode (from the settings page) and in the research window, click on the research that should be done and select "Debug Insta-Finish".

Again I am really sorry for any trouble this causes!

Necromenta

Quote from: Kiame on November 22, 2017, 09:37:36 PM
Just know the first time you load the game after saving with the older version the research will be off like in your screenshot. Use the Dev mode and insta-finish to re-complete the research. All future saves will work correctly. For full instructions on using the dev-mode insta-complete see my post from a few days ago:

QuoteI just fixed a problem I introduced with the last update. There is a chance when loading a save with the previous version of the mod where previous research is no longer finished. If you run into this problem please enable debug mode (from the settings page) and in the research window, click on the research that should be done and select "Debug Insta-Finish".

Again I am really sorry for any trouble this causes!

i´ve been using the dev mode like 5 saves-loads, even using the debug insta-finish tool, when i reload the game the research comes back to nothing

Kiame

Just checked my sanity:
Started a new game w/ global factor at 1
Once the game started, changed the game's factor to 0.5
Save
Load

The completed research is still completed.

I'm going to download the version i have posted for direct download to make sure i didn't screw up and have the wrong version uploaded/linked

Kiame

Sorry to say i have no idea why it's not working for you. I downloaded the A18 version, deleted my version, unzipped the downloaded one in and loaded the save up and the research projects are all completed.

One other possibility, in the mods folder is there a mod starting with "ChangeResearch" (ending could either be Speed or Time)? If so delete it.
I wanted to change the name in the earlier days of the release and did change the name on everything but the folder structure. In some of the releases I did change it but found it to be too much of a hassle. So thre should only be ModifyResearchTime in the mods folder (plus Core and the other mods)

Kiame

Update:
Fixed an issue where starting multiple new games with a Global factor of less than 1 would cause initial research to not be completed

Kiame

Update:
-Added a Mod Setting to have the number of research required per tech tier be static. Meaning mods that add new research will not cause new tech tiers to take longer to achieve

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on January 10, 2018, 02:07:48 AM
Update:
-Added a Mod Setting to have the number of researched required per tier be static - so mods that add new research will not cause new tiers to take longer to achieve

Awesome. I was trying to figure out the differences between this and GHXX's Tech Advancing. It seems like this mod has everything GHXX's has, plus the ability to change global research speed, and with your newest update, make it so it doesn't take reeeeaaally long to advance tech (which you will have when you have hundreds of mods and god knows how many research items!)

Your latest update is making Tech Advancing look obsolete now though. Is there anything that mod offers that yours doesn't? I'm not trying to knock their work or anything, but I'm genuinely curious if Tech Advancing offers any advantages now.

Kiame

Took a cursory glance at tech advance and didn't see anything it has that this mod doesn't. Hopefully this mod is easier to use as well as it looks like tech advance you need to edit config files to change behaviors.

KiwiSensei

I don't know if there's a better place to post this but I didn't see any dedicated troubleshooting thread for the KV mods.

My issue is basically the opposite of what others reported, when I load a game I have a few techs that just get completed on their own. My global was set to 3 before starting the game on both occasions, tribal start with tech advance at 10, 30, 80 and 150, on the github B18 version.

Trying to play a slow game from neo with medieval times thrown in for a step between neo and industrial, needless to say, free research ruins the point of that challenge :p The ones that got completed didn't seem random so it might be mod related, I seem to remember them being related to Medieval Times and either a mod from the SD collection or RF collection.

As far as I know, fixing missing tech is easy in dev mode but you can't "unresearch" on demand due to the coding of the game, so, I'm stumped, would love to fix it though so let me know if there's anything I can do, send a log file or modlist or something.

EDIT: Loading also sets tech level to industrial, despite the added techs bumping me to 19/30 which should only put me on medieval.

Kiame

Just to make sure i'm following:

Research multiplier is 3
Play the game, get some research into a few techs (probably past the required tech if it were base game)
Save
Load
Some techs are now completed.

I'll do some playing around. I'm usually at about 1.5 - 2 and have not seen an issue. Though I usually don't pay too much attention.