Started by jecrell, May 26, 2017, 10:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

JecsTools

JecsTools
Version: 1.1.0.8
Updated: 10-18-2018
Description: RimWorld 1.0 Update!
Changed very few issues to allow for the update for RimWorld 1.0.

Download now on...
Patreon
GitHub
Steam
Discuss the mod on...
Discord
Ludeon
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

bigheadzach

How stable are the releases that don't get posted here first?

Canute

bigheadzach,
maybe you didn't notice.
Jecrell treat the discord first, then Workshop and the forum mosttimes last.

bigheadzach

What I meant is that if I'm someone who subscribes to GitHub releases (not commits, releases) of modders, if Jec releases JecsTools 1.1.0.11, is that an indication that it is stable enough for use?

Canute

i don't know abput 1.1.0.11, but ...10 caused trouble with Rim of Magic.

Kapun

Jecrell, are you planning to add new features to the mod? I think it would be really great if your tool could add the ability to create a apparel piece that covers the whole body.  For example now we have marine armor and marine armor helmet. But you can't make marine armor suit as a single item. I mean so that a single item could have 2 textures  for each direction/bodytype combo (body texture and head texture). I tried to add such a thing myself but modding graphics seems rather complicated

Kiame

Quote from: Kapun on October 29, 2018, 02:00:36 PM
Jecrell, are you planning to add new features to the mod? I think it would be really great if your tool could add the ability to create a apparel piece that covers the whole body.  For example now we have marine armor and marine armor helmet. But you can't make marine armor suit as a single item. I mean so that a single item could have 2 textures  for each direction/bodytype combo (body texture and head texture). I tried to add such a thing myself but modding graphics seems rather complicated

What apparel covers is all in the apparel's def. The base game allows a single piece to cover all body parts. Whoever writes the def just needs to specify each layer and body part it covers

Example: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-animalcostumes/blob/master/Defs/ThingDefs_Misc/Apparel_Costumes.xml

The <bodyPartGroups> section defines torso, neck, shoulders, amrs, and legs

Pants are never rendered so it's a just 1 texture

Kapun

Yes, the stats will work but the texture will no be applied correctly without C# modding. When i say 2 textures i mean not legs and torso but head and torso. It could probably be done with a single large texture but that will cause certain problems. Either way, it requires C# modding.

publicuser

Add some Simplified Chinese translations which untranslated based on existing translation, by master_wu. In attachment

[attachment deleted due to age]

Pelador

If I'm developing a mod that makes use of the assemblies found in the mod library of the core mod (JecsTools itself) do I need to include the assembly/assemblies associated with what I'm using in my mod folders as suggested by the wiki guide?

I would have thought that if the library has been loaded from the main core mod itself this would be unnecessary?

Canute

I suggest to ask jecrell on discord for faster responce.

Pelador

I did try that but after hours of waiting with a message in the help channel with no response, I decided to post here.

Understandably with it being the Christmas period, I didn't want to press things etc. but thought best to at least document it here as a contigency.

I have however satisfied myself that assemblies do operate from the core library through testing and that it isn't essential to include/duplicate them in your own mod source files.

Pelador

Bug with Jecstools: CompSlotLoadable; when a person slots an item into something and they pull the item from a stack of items, they take the whole stack and not just one item from it. Removing what has been slotted in this case only results in 1 item being returned, so the rest of the other items are lost.

Ideally, the process should accommodate the ability to only pull one item from a stack.

Pelador

Additional notes for Jecstools: CompSlotLoadable.

1) The slots display a subtext value of -1% in parentheses at the bottom of the slot GUI box, unsure what the reason or purpose is for this, but seems redundant and potentially only adds a little confusion/mystery. It displays this pre and post slotting.

2) Trying to slot an item with the item to be slotted in the pawns inventory can end up with a bugged slottable item that can no longer make use of the slotting capabilities.

Initially, it doesn't recognize that the item is in the pawns inventory with the pawn trying to make use of stock inventory items only. Then on subsequent attempts trying to open the slot GUI to slot an item comes back with the following error: "Created FloatMenu with no options. Closing."

Note: This bug seems specific to that pawn and item, however (so am assuming it is an item object related error/issue), other items useable by the pawn or other pawns with slot capable items will still be able to use the GUI.

So when this occurs the item is not slotted and the item to be slotted loses any capability to be slotted. This obviously needs correcting, but also ideally it would be useful if the slotting process could also include or try to make use of items in the Pawn's inventory (priority) as well as any items that might be registered in the stock inventory for the colony. This feature would expand the capabilities of the process since pawns would then more readily be capable of changing slotted items from their inventory, which provides tactical flexibility/battle effective weapon modes. (Pretty sure however that this might be the intended functionality?)

(( *** Please see notes below as addendum *** ))

Pelador

Important update to above:

The above error with the inventory issue may be a one-off (first item applied issue?) or rare occurrence issue. Been trying to reproduce the error but struggling to do so.

Normally the GUI will simply not register or recognize any item in the pawns inventory, but the GUI can be used on subsequent attempts.

It would however still be a very useful and desirable feature for pawns to utilise items from their inventory for slotting capabilities as a priority process to then making use of items in the stock inventory.

(It would also be a very useful feature if compatibility could be found with the mod "Pick up and haul", or similar functionality applied that any unslotted items could be identified as items to retain in a pawns inventory (where not full). Though this implies a capable way of picking up slottable items and marking them for retention as opposed to then hauling those items. With these additional capabilities, it would better provide tactical/dynamic changes with slottable items. The "Pick up and haul" mod process provides a way of retaining specific items in a pawns inventory for later use.

In its simplest form even if the option to make use of slottable items from a pawns inventory was added (maybe dropping unslotted items), then this would work alongside other mods that handle the pick-up and inventory process?