Barracks vs Sleeping outside

Started by Razghul, May 26, 2017, 08:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razghul

Hey !

I just realized that sleeping outside gives less a penalty than sleeping in most barracks (depending on the barracks' quality), is it meant to be like that ?
Feels abit weird.

Greetings Raz

Shurp

You know, I noticed that too.  An awful barracks (which is what you're going to have at the start) is a monster -9 penalty.  Sleeping outside in the cold doesn't seem quite so bad in comparison.  (But you do need a bed to avoid the slept on ground on top of it)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

mumblemumble

Dont forget sleeping in cold / heat, which is a big factor : this is a big reason for sleeping in a shelter, and I think those can push it over it right?

I think it makes sense, I'd rather sleep out in the woods than in a grimey, puke and blood coated room.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

makkenhoff

Yeah - unless you REALLY needed the shelter to trap heat/cold - you'd just sleep outside. I've slept outside without a tent before - I don't recommend it to everyone - but if I had a choice between the hard packed ground with stars overhead, and a cave with bat guano all over; I know which one I'd pick - the only way I'd take the cave is if it was high winds and rain - I wouldn't be happy about it either.