[A17] Underground mineral depots too close to map edge

Started by roben, May 25, 2017, 09:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roben

Underground mineral depots too close to map edge are unreachable because the mining drill can't be build there, see attached screenshot. Maybe the drill can be excluded from the building limitation?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Modo44

Pretty sure this is WAD. Your map is only part of the world. It would be unrealistic to strictly forbid resources just outside of where you can build.

roben

Yes, but from a gameplay perspective, not being allowed to build a mining drill there just causes (minor) frustration and no gain in fun. And I can't think of any exploit causes by building (only) drills in this zone.

Calahan

This is probably just a minor bug / oversight. It's certainly realistic that you wouldn't be able to find and extract resources from anywhere just from your little corner of the world. But I'm pretty sure Tynan would want that simulated by the resources simply not appearing on a particular map section at all, rather than causing frustration to the player by them appearing, but being inaccessible.

So when a dev comes along I expect either a fix (if it's quick), or a move to the Mantis (and set to low priority).

ison

bump

hmm, I think we could just not spawn underground resources there

// edit: actually, I think it would look a bit weird if the resources were suddenly cut off like that, so I think it's ok. Thanks for reporting anyway.