Cook ignoring freezer for gardens?

Started by CounTerOrdeR, May 26, 2017, 06:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CounTerOrdeR

Hello fellow RimWorlders. Ive only been playing for about 2 weeks. I played bit more of Alpha 16 than a17 but started playing A17(unstable) about a week ago. I didn't notice this issue during the unstable version or a16.

My stove is near my freezer. When the cook goes to cook a meal he will ignore the freezer and haul his but all the way out to where rice ect... was harvested but not yet hauled. Manually correcting this worked until bill was completed then id have to manually correct again the next time he did his rounds of cooking.

This is a lame first post as there are many more questions but this issue i found annoying. Only noticed it in my first game of A17 yesterday. Anyone else?

Jovus

Not strictly a fix, but if you don't like this behaviour, in the details of a particular job you can restrict the radius where a colonist will search for material for that job. So you can set it to cover your freezer, but not your fields.

CounTerOrdeR

falconne

I believe that's a feature? I think cooks will prioritise using ingredients that are spoiling and possibly deteriorating due to  being outdoors and un-refrigerated. I find that useful.

If you keep a small high priority vegetable stockpile next to your stove your cook will use that instead of walking to your fridge. That's the arrangement I use to keep the cook efficient and have the haulers move the food.