Hi, my mother is younger than me.

Started by Kain, May 27, 2017, 10:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

doctercorgi

The mother is 927 years old chronologically. While the son is 92. No problem here besides the most deadbeat mom ever.

Kain

Quote from: doctercorgi on May 27, 2017, 11:23:44 AM
The mother is 927 years old chronologically. While the son is 92. No problem here besides the most deadbeat mom ever.
What is age 31, and age 23 then? Should be removed as it was confusing.

DariusWolfe

That number is years lived outside of cryptosleep. It's easily possible. Mom had child at, say 20 years old, and went into cryptosleep a year later. Kid was raised by dad/grandparents/nurse-mechanoid/the foster system, went to the Rim where he finds his mother, who's been living there for a couple years since her excessively long crypto-sleep time.

Actually, the weird thing is the big differences in cryptosleep, now that I think. Mom lived almost 9 hundred years before kiddo?

No, wait; That's doable do. Mom was born, went into cryptosleep young, woke up, had a kid, went into cryptosleep for a while longer, during which time, the kid was also in cryptosleep for a while.

WR104

Biological Age (non-parenthesis) are needed for age-related conditions (e.g. Frail),
while in this situation the Mother is always going to be older chronologically (as stated in parenthesis) as she was likely put into cryptosleep for quite a while and to try to have her age similar to her child.

Basically, to put it short, working as intended.

Kain

Gotcha with somewhat explanation, confusing as it is and should be explained for new players. Its two numbers with the word age, no wonder I where confused :P

DariusWolfe

I think we all came to the same understanding via osmosis; threads like this one, discussions of the fiction primer (which is linked from the main menu, if I recall correctly), etc. I'm not necessarily against learning it this way, myself; it's a modern day oral tradition.

Kain

Yeah, I have absolutly nothing against the whole age thing as loong as they implement som explanation when it come out of EA.