Caravan unloading - migration.

Started by tyriaelsoban, May 27, 2017, 12:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyriaelsoban

Caravan unloading after migrating to a new area is a little problematic imo.
All your pack animals just drop everything theyre carrying on the ground as the map loads, your guys need time to set up and build roofs over everything, so if you bought anything perishable beyond food it all begins to deteriorate as soon as the map loads (spare weapons/armor/apparel)
It would be great if it was possible to keep the animals donned up with gear until youve got a viable shelter to store it under.
Also, i feel there needs to be an option for a caravan to take a "joy day" so that you dont load into an ambush/your new home and immediately have anyone with any building skills go AWOL because of 0 joy.

Vas

Actually, it would be hard to detect a shelter, but it would be nice if they don't unload anything until you've placed a caravan loading spot where they can all go to unload the gear.  So on a new map, you'd simply place a caravan loading plot in order to tell your animals to unload somewhere.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.