[0.17.1546] Alcoholic Prisoner Attempts Luciferium Binge

Started by XeoNovaDan, May 27, 2017, 01:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

This is similar to one of my previous reports in the unstable, except the reason why I'm doing another post is being the attempted binge is completely unrelated to the addiction which the prisoner is suffering. Worm is midway through her alcohol addiction (as shown in the attached screenshots), and she's in a cell where she can't access drugs, yet she attempts to go on a Luciferium binge, despite the colony not possessing any.

She doesn't have any Luciferium on her either, as another screenshot will show (I did exit to main menu when I started reporting this, so the reasoning of the slightly different position is because I loaded the save back up).

I will admit, I am running three mods: HugsLib, Extra Widgets, and Mod Menu Enhanced, but I don't think they should have any direct impact whatsoever on the gameplay.

I'm not entirely sure how this can be re-produced, so I will just state how it happened in the steps to reproduce section.

Expected Outcome
No binge to be attempted at all, as the prisoner can't access any drugs. No luciferium binge to be attempted as the prisoner hasn't got any presence of luciferium mechanites in their body.

Actual Outcome
Prisoner attempted a luciferium binge, despite there being no presence of luciferium whatsoever - other than in unrevealed ancient structures.

Steps to Reproduce
1) Spawn a pawn
2) Give them an addiction (alcohol in this case)
3) Wait for them to go into withdrawal
4) Arrest them
5) Wait for a drug binge to be started

Savegame

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

sevenvt

I've had this bug as well, with none of those mods fwiw.  No drugs or alcohol were on the map (burn, baby, burn!) and the individuals were prisoners.

I witnessed it on 1.6 a few times not 1.7.

BlackSmokeDMax

It seems more like the wording is off on these events. If it said they were "attempting to binge" it would make more sense. The current wording makes it seem as if they have the drugs and they are taking them. Which is not always the case.

So, imo more misleading than a bug.

ison

Pawns should only binge on drugs which they can access. In fact it's already checked in MentalStateWorker_BingingDrug but for some reason it didn't work in this case. We'll have to look into it.

// edit: fixed, thanks