New Manhunter Packs

Started by Trylobyte, May 27, 2017, 07:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trylobyte

With A17 it now seems that manhunter packs can include any animal...  literally any animal.  I play a custom scenario with frequent repeating manhunter packs and it's been amusing to see everything from enormous hordes of squirrels (surprisingly hard to deal with since they wash over everything like a furry tsunami) to attacks by polar bears in the rainforest.  Anyone else seen any interesting manhunter packs?  Anyone seen a manhunter thrumbo pack yet?

O Negative

Boomrats are probably the most terrifying manhunter pack I've ever experienced. No other animal really compares ._.

grrizo

I had an issue with manhunter squirrels in A16, with terrible consequences.
To the date, I didn't see anything weird in A17.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

BlueWinds

It's not a new threat for A17, but a swarm of boomalopes almost spelled the end for my colony. 4/7 colonists downed, everything on fire (buildings were still wood at that point), trade caravan fleeing for their lives, dead pets everywhere, no rain in sight... it was awful. We survived, though with plenty of scars to show for it.

I've had my caravans attacked by wild animals several times, though none of them have been even slightly dangerous. Three muffalo were easily dispatched (I had plasma rifles and armor at that point). Two camels weren't even a distraction.

ReZpawner

I have seen a manhunter pack with Thrumbos - though this was in the unstable version, and was reported as a bug.

It was removed from the list of animals that can attack in that event shortly thereafter, so there's (sadly) no chance that you'll get a manhunter pack of thrumbos without any mods in the latest build.

Mkok

A Thrumbo raid you say? count me in    ;D

harpo99999

I have had a couple of manhunter raids in my first a17 vanilla playthrough,
the first was a SINGLE chicken,
the second was three cobras

tyriaelsoban

Cass is obsessed with boomrats in my current play through, which is fun, because im playing a tribe.
So i locked them in the storage hut, which has an adjoined kitchen and waited for them to leave ... installed emergency toilet through a hole in the wall because one of my tribesmen crapped her pants before i remembered i had dub's hygiene mod installed.

The most brutal thing ive dealt with in A17 as a tribe though, is toxic fallout, you cant keep meals without power, you gotta use pemmican.
So if your last crop got burnt by angry boomrats and blighted while you were waiting for the bastards to leave, youre kinda hooped if it lasts longer than 4 days ... which is about what happened in A16, which kinda made those events a joke, the first attempt as a tribe a toxic fallout starved me out of my base.
So im debating shipping out and abandoning my now rather nice tribal home that, despite the low wealth is quite well fortified.

But i think its kinda a joke that 500 pemmican will only last a day for 8 people, considering that i only see them visit the stockpile for food in the morning most game days.

ReZpawner

Quote from: Mkok on May 28, 2017, 06:24:57 AM
A Thrumbo raid you say? count me in    ;D

I got two manhunting thrumbos on day 18 or so with my tribals. It wasn't as fun as it may sound :P

Took almost a full day of kiting the bastards around to kill them - and this was on medium difficulty!

El Bearsidente

First manhunter pack I've seen in 17 were polar bears. Which was a bit confusing, because I had polar bears myself. Then polar bears were fighting polar bears and my guys were shooting into that massive furball.

ReZpawner

Quote from: El Bearsidente on May 28, 2017, 09:27:16 AM
First manhunter pack I've seen in 17 were polar bears. Which was a bit confusing, because I had polar bears myself. Then polar bears were fighting polar bears and my guys were shooting into that massive furball.

If your artists don't put that into a grand statue, I'd make a post about that in the bugs forum, because that needs to happen.

matthewgareth

Kind of Irreverent

I once got 3 massive raids and 2 HUGE manhunter packs of rhino's and muffalo (50+ pawns each)

all within 4 days... after 2 ingame years of no raids

everybody died (on my side

El Bearsidente

Quote from: matthewgareth on May 28, 2017, 10:37:56 AM
Kind of Irreverent

I once got 3 massive raids and 2 HUGE manhunter packs of rhino's and muffalo (50+ pawns each)

all within 4 days... after 2 ingame years of no raids

everybody died (on my side
I just had a double raid like an hour ago. The raid warning popped up and a split second later I got an "offer safety" choice. I accepted it.

It was glorious. Everybody fought everybody else.

ReZpawner

Ah, the fickle blessings of Randy.

Draconicrose

I had a yorkie manhunter pack! Managed to down a bunch of them and tame them, now they're loyal companions. :D
I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist