Unexpected Unity Kernel Crash [A17]

Started by wessubba, May 28, 2017, 01:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wessubba

Unexpected crash during play.  No obvious symptoms to report, sadly.  I just popped up and told me to let you guys know that there was a crash.  The Unity crash report is viewable here (not sure what the forum rules are for long text blocks, so I am playing it safe).  The crash dump is attached to this message. 

Sorry I don't have better info at the moment.  If this happens again, I will reply to this post.  If you want hardware specs or more info, just let me know.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

viperwasp

I'm not a moderator or anything like that. But I think they will like how you posted all that information hidden so good job. What I find often when I view the bug forum is they do often ask what version. Which you said A17. And also if your using mods.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

wessubba

Quote from: viperwasp on May 28, 2017, 07:43:30 AM
I'm not a moderator or anything like that. But I think they will like how you posted all that information hidden so good job. What I find often when I view the bug forum is they do often ask what version. Which you said A17. And also if your using mods.

Thanks for the tip viperwasp.

Version: 0.17.1546
Mods: none

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report, and for the crash related files. Although unfortunately you left out the one that's needed most which is the RimWorld log file, as that's the file that usually contains the most relevant info regarding bugs and crashes.

Unfortunately that file also gets rewritten each time you initialise the game, so unless you haven't played RimWorld since this crash, or you managed to save a copy of it, then there's probably not much to do now in relation to identifying this particular crash. Although to be honest I doubt if a Kernalbase crash has anything to do with RimWorld, and is more likely due to some issue with Windows. Maybe just some temporary O/S derp or the like?

If it happens again, or if you experience any sort of crash or bug in the future, then please post your log file (ideally as an attachment) along with your report. Details on where to find your log file can be found in the following thread. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

I'll also move this to support as I don't think there's anything here for the devs to do, and like I said I don't think the crash was RimWorld based as far as I can tell (not with KERNELBASE.dll being the listed cause).