I dislike tribes in their present form.

Started by OnyxShadow, April 24, 2014, 09:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnyxShadow

Every time the cavemen decide to attack me I groan a little bit. Inevitably, it will be yet another raid with twice as many bodies and basically zero loot to show for it. I gave up on trying to be friends with them because it costs like 2000 silver per tribe and one stray bullet nullifies all previous goodwill. Just before quitting for the day my 9-person colony was attacked twice in three days by tribals, and I was left to go through the tedium of disposing of very nearly 100 corpses. Not fun.

Tynan

Quote from: OnyxShadow on April 24, 2014, 09:08:13 PM
Every time the cavemen decide to attack me I groan a little bit. Inevitably, it will be yet another raid with twice as many bodies and basically zero loot to show for it. I gave up on trying to be friends with them because it costs like 2000 silver per tribe and one stray bullet nullifies all previous goodwill. Just before quitting for the day my 9-person colony was attacked twice in three days by tribals, and I was left to go through the tedium of disposing of very nearly 100 corpses. Not fun.

I'm going to be making some changes to reduce the corpse-overload issue; it gets mentioned a lot.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

keylocke

^maybe add some animals that eat corpses and human meat to help with the disposal.

i often butcher human corpses to help increase the cooking skill. and because of that i don't have much use for the cremation mods, but i sometimes use galactic meat traders..

Darkfirephoenix

Maybe even add Memeber numbers, wich means that Factions which are on the same planet won't have an seemingly endless supply of attackers and they would need to think about who works for the food they need. Pirates are the exception ofc, they come from space and have maybe far bigger supply of goons and don't care about farming and such stuff, because they are plundering others for such stuff! ;)

Geeves

Limiting Factions by X amount of members will make the end game really boring, because they can not attack with sufficient numbers to deal damage to your colony, unless you do not use turrets and M-24's/ mini-guns to defend.

That being said; some time between attacks would be nice. After getting 12 attacks in twice as many days without a chance to "cremate" corpses or repairs, things are getting a bit out of hand. Food runs low, the front of my kill box (tons of sandbags and stone walls) needs a good scrubbing and my colonists need a good nap without corpses all over the base.

I do like Keylocke's idea of having some carnivores to help get rid corpses by them being eaten. It would also impose some difficulty on Hunting and general colony base building.

I understand that some new faction functions are in the pipeline, so I shall wait and see what goodies we are being gifted some time in the future.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

porcupine

Quote from: keylocke on April 24, 2014, 11:43:48 PM
^maybe add some animals that eat corpses and human meat to help with the disposal.

i often butcher human corpses to help increase the cooking skill. and because of that i don't have much use for the cremation mods, but i sometimes use galactic meat traders..

Maybe animals that eat human meat, when the meat supply runs out, might start to hunt the remaining colonists for more delicious meat.... I mean what else are they going to do, eat agave? :)

daft73

Quote from: porcupine on April 25, 2014, 12:09:31 PM
Quote from: keylocke on April 24, 2014, 11:43:48 PM

Maybe animals that eat human meat, when the meat supply runs out, might start to hunt the remaining colonists for more delicious meat.... I mean what else are they going to do, eat agave? :)
I like the idea of corpses consumed by animals, even picked up by scavenging cannibals. Maybe a reason to limit this by the player could be: When a cannibal or animal(mob), eats a corpse, said mob would gain a temporary Insane Berserker Rage  and go crazy looking for more flesh...

Korish

Or if left too long cannibals could come along and attack you if you come to close to them while they eat your corpses

Geeves

/offtopic

If cannibals attack me because I get to close while they are eating my corpse, I will not mind, because I am already dead and being eaten by said cannibals.

/end offtopic
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

dd0029

It's the neolithic guys who are the real "danger". They don't play well with kill boxes. They tend to charge en mass instead of trickling into the kill box the way they are "supposed to." I make absolutely sure to never upset them if I can avoid it. As an added negative bonus to that, they are really hard to recruit.

It is disturbingly entertaining to watch their visiting parties get mowed down by armed raiders on the field though, all while my weebles sit nice and snug in their kill box.

Headshotkill

Quote from: Tynan on April 24, 2014, 10:02:57 PM
Quote from: OnyxShadow on April 24, 2014, 09:08:13 PM

I'm going to be making some changes to reduce the corpse-overload issue; it gets mentioned a lot.

I don't have alot of problems with it...

OnyxShadow

Quote from: Headshotkill on April 27, 2014, 12:56:23 PM
I don't have alot of problems with it...

Have you not been to the late game (Day 100+), or do you have a unique way of dealing with burying dozens of bodies every few days?

Smasher101

I get this a LOT, ive got to day 486 and guess what, quarter the map full of graves with people in them, i need a way to get rid of them lol.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Smasher101 on April 29, 2014, 03:20:19 PM
I get this a LOT, ive got to day 486 and guess what, quarter the map full of graves with people in them, i need a way to get rid of them lol.
Why don't you EAT them? :P You could burn them or frag them too, to get rid of them... Imagine all the graves burning! ;)

daft73

Quote from: Smasher101 on April 29, 2014, 03:20:19 PM
Just have a colonist chuck grenades at em'...takes 3-4.