[1.0-B18] Don't Shave Your Head, Ushanka, Metro Armory, Music, and more!

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, March 04, 2017, 02:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 04, 2018, 02:46:15 PM
So I've been really torn recently, but I ended up sticking with DSYH. I had been messing around with Facial Stuff, but I kept having so many other errors and issues that everything seems so much better that I've turned it off. Reason I wanted to use it, was because it supported all hair styles added by mods. But it had the extra baggage of the other stuff in it that I didn't want.

Anyway, I have also recently discovered the Kantai Hair Collection Mod that I have been wanting to use in addition to the fantastic Roppoi Hair Mod. But, seeing as these aren't yet supported by DSYH, I am a little disappointed. I wanted to throw this other hair mod out there of possible candidates for future support, because it does seem pretty interesting (Kantai).

Finally, would there be any chance of a possible update on the chances of DSYH getting support for either Kantai or Roppoi hair mods at some point in the maybe not too distant future? If there aren't any plans for it to happen anytime soon, maybe we could pool together some funds as a community to commission someone to complete these? Does anyone know how much something like this would cost? And/or anyone who could do it for a reasonable amount?

I really want to keep DSYH because it makes everything it supports look perfect, because everything is configured by hand and not automated. The downside is that we won't always have immediate support for any new hairstyles added by mods.

Hey, sorry for late reply. Again, thank you for your very kind words. And as always, let's go straight to the issue.
As you noted few posts before, I don't really seek recognition (even though i probably could), I mean, I don't even upload my mods on steam. And there's a good reason why (sadly). I just can't manage everything, and as always, real life is the importantest thing. And even though I really enjoy process of modding itself, I'm just not able to deliver (just look at the previous pages of this thread, especially at the dates). I mean, I even wanted to stop modding completly because of that, but in the end decided to stay and at least update my mods. It's not very innovative, and I decided I'll keep my things up-to-date in hope of better times.
(I know this is very loosely connected to the topic, but i really needed to clarify this).

Answering the real question - no, I won't have time for that. But there are loads of talented people all around (Diana Winters, Spoonshortage, Shinzy, Mrofa, A Friend, and many, many more). Maybe one of the would agree to do this. Asking authors of hair mods to add compability also could work, but I highly doubt that they'd do it (I do realize how bad it sounds :P ).
As for involving money... Yeah, money talks, but I think that aside from donations involving money around mods is just a bad idea. But hey, that's just my take on it.

Dark_Inquisitor

Hello everyone.
This post will be a bit different from all the others. So if you're not specially interested in those mods or in the future plans, you may stop reading it right here.

I'll start with explaining why i was away for such a long time (over 3 months) and then say a word about future plans.
I've just successfully ended 2nd year (4th semester) of university - and for some reason, this semester finals were absolutely awful. I'm really glad i took that break - without it, well, I'd not pass this semester and lose a year of my life. Still it costed me over a month of sleepless nights and a tanker of energy drinks.
If that wasn't enough, my grandma (that i lived with for over 8 years) recently passed away. Needless to say, It was a really big hit for me. So yeah.

I really don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to get some pity or sympathy or whatever. I recently found out that 1.0 unstable was released, and I just wanted to leave this here for anyone interested in my stuff to let them know that i'm not fooling around.
As for future plans... I don't know when I'll start working on it all again. I hope I'll get myself together soon.
I know that most won't care, but... let your loved ones know that you're with them. Especially if they are running out of time.
~Dark

AseaHeru

Well, my condolences about yer grandmother.

On a totally different subject, Nexus Mods has become even more of a PITA when it comes to downloading stuff from them, requiring one to have an account just to download. If there is any chance of each mod getting a download link from github, that would be amazingly grand.

juntalis

Just a heads up: was getting some null reference exceptions when loading a saved game. It was occurring in the DontShaveYourHead.Harmony_PawnGraphicSet_ResolveApparelGraphics.Postfix method during the pawn spawning for either Misc Robots or Misc Robots++. (Sorry - didn't identify which before digging in) In any case, I was able to resolve the exceptions by patching the below null check in right before the texture resolution process that starts with a reference to `pawn.story.hairDef.texPath`.

if(pawn.story == null || pawn.story.hairDef == null || pawn.story.hairDef.texPath == null)
{
return;
}

Don't know the RimWorld API enough to know which of those checks are unnecessary, but figured it was worth mentioning.

WolfgangPolska

I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Dark_Inquisitor

Hello everyone. I know it's been quite a while since I did anything, but hey - when shit hits the fan, you need to take the break, no? ;)

To the buisness; 4 mods updated:

• Vanilla-like wheat to B19:

• Seems like Universal Fermenter mod is not yet updated - for the time being, hay rack building (and straw) are excluded from the mod.
  • Ushanka! to B19:

• Added new helmet (Great Helm). It's medieval tech helmet available after plate armour research; good for melee, bad for shooters.
  • Stuffed Vents to B19:

• Rebalanced cost to 5 steel and 25 stuff.
  • Verge Of Galaxy music mod to B19:

• 4 new songs added:

• Eastern Thought
      • Mystic Force
      • River Fire
      • Send for the Horses
    • 1 song removed:

• Water Lily

As for the rest of the mods - I'll update them in the upcoming days.
As for WIP mods, Black Gold is a re-write of Black Fuel mod that friend of mine once wrote, and Ye Olde floors, well, it's self explanatory, i think ;)

Almost forgot to mention - yes, I'll be putting my mods on steam (after they all are updated, for now i'm just putting nice buttons in there)

Dark_Inquisitor

One mod updated:
American Civil War Weapons to B19:
  • Weapons re-balanced;
  • Gatling turred modifed to use new turret mechanic (barrel changing);

Ye Olde Floors mod uploaded, not a big thing, but I personally missed old floors, so yeah. There it is.

As of today, Ushanka!, Verge of Galaxy, Stuffed Vents, Ye Olde Floors and American Civil War Weapons are available on Steam.

Tsunamy

Stuffed Floors just updated, in case you want to take advantage of it with Ye Olde Floors.

Very good music for Verge of Galaxy, liking it a lot already.

I really hope 'Don't Shave Your Head' is updated sooner rather than later, since it doesn't look like 'Facial Stuff' is going to receive a stable update for B19 any time soon.

Bvlt

Release that bloody don't shave your head for B19, my hair is graying already  >:(

Tenshi~Akari

It's easy to say such when you don't have to go through a plethora of hair mods released & have textures made to support them with said mod. Patience is key...

bigheadzach

Yeah, what I imagine takes the longest is having to consider every single distinctly-named hair definition from all the mods that are known to exist with such defs, visually looking at them, and then cross-referencing it with all of the hat defs from mods which add hats...and making a big-ass table with values that range from All Hair, No Hair, and probably some kind of special nudging settings for partially hiding hair.

The alternative is to use the other hair hiding mod which lets you perform these manually.

Tsunamy

Quote from: bigheadzach on September 21, 2018, 03:14:16 PM
Yeah, what I imagine takes the longest is having to consider every single distinctly-named hair definition from all the mods that are known to exist with such defs, visually looking at them, and then cross-referencing it with all of the hat defs from mods which add hats...and making a big-ass table with values that range from All Hair, No Hair, and probably some kind of special nudging settings for partially hiding hair.

The alternative is to use the other hair hiding mod which lets you perform these manually.

There are mods that let you toggle your hair when wearing headgear on an individual basis, but if a piece of headgear warrants hiding your hair, it'll make beards disappear, which sucks.

AseaHeru

Can we please get the various download links to include something other than Steam or Nexus please? I have... Issues with both. I know that some have links to github currently, but not all of them.
Steam I refuse to use when possible due to shenanagans years ago by them, and I just plain dont like Nexus requiring an account to download anything
That said, as I dont think Ive said this before, but lovely mods.

Irbis

Hey there!
I would like to remake your winter coat in HD(512) and give you all the credit of course, would this be fine with you? i just wanna have this in my game in high resolution!!!