[1.3] [KV] RimFridge [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 28, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

@Canute

I don't know how modders are using Github but proper coders are using it like Kiame just explained.

Joke aside, I think it's because said modders are not very versed in the use of the Git system, but it's understandable IMO. Github in its core is way more than just a hosting file system, but if you just arrive here and see lots of people using it for instance, you do that without knowing more.

It's not meant to be offensive at all, I just feel kinda responsible because I often have praised for using Github around here and so I want to be clear.

I use GitHub because I use the whole system (mostly for having a versioning system - it permit me to just keep traces of everything I ever wrote or change in my code, period) - Having the release system, the wiki, web-analytic stats and a bug-tracer coming as good benefit if you have the use for them. But for a modder that just wants a site for hosting their archived mod, I think it's best and easier to use something like Dropbox or Nexus or etc.

I don't want to become boring so I will stop talking code and such here lol... but learning Git and Github could be useful for someone that wants to become a coder but else it could be a waste of time indeed.

Hope I managed to write something understandable :s

Canute

Yep i understand you and the github system.
The compiled assemblies in the root would be a service of the modder, and the release archive at the release area is the standard behavior.

But the problem are, not every modder follow this.
Special some new xml modder just use github as distrubution platform.
Even some older expierenced modder don't allways create archives at the release and say download the newest from the root.

Now from the view of a gamer, it is very confusing when nearly 95% of the download mods as master works, but only a few doesn't.
These gamer just think, damn the mod don't work.

We realy need a mod-police-moderator who control all the modreleases at the forum, and give some hints and force the modder to follow a few rules ! :-)

Kiame

I'll chime in  ;D

I'm in git daily for work (not github though) and i didn't realize other modders were including the assemblies in the repos. TBH requiring the code+assemblies just adds bloat (disk size) to the mods. And honestly I can't get myself to include the compiled assemblies in the repo... it's just not how it's suppose to be done  :P

The main reason I have everything on github is so that when i stop supporting the mods I want to make it as easy as possible for someone else to come along and pick up the code, update it, and re-release it allowing everyone to continue to use it.

CEPMatos

What a lovely mod! All I needed!

Now I don't need a whole room for the colonists to keep their food :L

maculator

The Github direct link has the dlls, the repo does not.
Just wanted to leave that here for people who made the misstake like me and downloaded the repo instead of the direct download.

great mod!

Kiame

Kiame

Update A18:
Fertilized eggs will become ruined when stored in a cold rimfridge

Steam and direct download have been updated

Kiame

Update:
-(A18) Added temperature controls
-(A18) Fixed an issue where if a pawn takes a fertilized egg from the fridge errors would be printed in the console.

Kiame

Update:
-(A17) Fridge's temperature can now be adjusted
-(A17) All fridges can now break down -- this will be included in the next A18 update

frenchiveruti

Hello Kiame is this mod updated for B18? It's a great nifty mod for keeping food closer in my dining rooms.

Kiame

A18 is the same thing as B18. This was updated back before anyone knew 18 would be beta

If i ever have to fix anything for B18 i'll change the label. For the mean time it works  :)

Nightinggale

Quote from: Kiame on November 29, 2017, 11:12:02 PM
A18 is the same thing as B18.
The unstable "beta" on steam is still A18, but it has the same build number as B18, meaning it's 100% the same thing apart from the A/B name. Personally I'm not sure it was a good decision to change into B18 because it has confused so many people.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

GARRthePIRATE

First of all, I love this mod. It is so much more practical than dedicating an entire cold room for refigeration.

Second,
I am trying to use this mod in par with Industrial Rollers Mod"https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26967.msg272835#msg272835 but it appears as though the freezers are incompatible as storage units.
The author of IR wrote
"[a Pusher place items inside] As long as the structure implements game's Storage_Building interface..."

So do the freezers not implement the games Storage_Building interface?

Nightinggale

Huh, pushers stopped working with freezers?  :o
I used them in A17 and it worked fine. Are you sure you are using rollers correctly? You need a puller to get from the stockpile onto a roller and then a pusher to take from the roller to the freezer. Rollers can't take directly from stockpile to freezer, though several people have mentioned it as a feature request.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

GARRthePIRATE

Oh, Well it may be an operator error. I will try fooling around with it again at lunch time. Have you tried it with B18 Nightinggale?