[1.3] [KV] RimFridge [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 28, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Did you overwrite the existing files or delete the old first when you update a mod manualy ?

Kiame

Quote from: Canute on July 23, 2018, 10:55:14 AM
Did you overwrite the existing files or delete the old first when you update a mod manualy ?

Good question.

Though even in this case everything should have been overridden save for the renaming of the texture files which shouldn't be an issue; just using more memory than it should with an unused set of duplicated images.

Syrchalis

Minor thing: Next update please add to disallowedThingDefs in the default filters packaged survival meal - there is really no reason it should ever be in a fridge, so disabling it by default is a save bet. Just prevents those situations where you slap down a fridge (especially a quad fridge early in the colony as mini-freezer) and colonists clog up one of four spaces with something that doesn't even go bad...
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Kiame

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 23, 2018, 04:26:27 PM
Minor thing: Next update please add to disallowedThingDefs in the default filters packaged survival meal - there is really no reason it should ever be in a fridge, so disabling it by default is a save bet. Just prevents those situations where you slap down a fridge (especially a quad fridge early in the colony as mini-freezer) and colonists clog up one of four spaces with something that doesn't even go bad...

Good point

rawrfisher

Would wall mounted fridges be realistic?

Would also be a basic premise for wall mounted storages in general and maybe even a wall mounted workbench lol
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

heh never thought about that...

I will see if that's possible. I will have visitors over the next week so it may be a bit.

rawrfisher

Quote from: Kiame on August 03, 2018, 03:25:34 PM
heh never thought about that...

I will see if that's possible. I will have visitors over the next week so it may be a bit.

Wall lights are a thing so maybe the placement method used by those will work with a fridge.  I think your change mirror would work too as the basis.   If you wanna be funny maybe your storages could be used as wall mounts too lol
Professional jerk

Kiame

In the case of a 'wall' fridge it'll act more like an AC unit. Initially i'll release wall fridges with the same texture as the normal fridges and hopefully someone with artistic abilities can help out. An interesting side effect to this will be the wall fridge will be accessible from either side. If it's as easy to do as i think i might be able to get a version out tonighy

rawrfisher

Quote from: Kiame on August 03, 2018, 09:29:35 PM
In the case of a 'wall' fridge it'll act more like an AC unit. Initially i'll release wall fridges with the same texture as the normal fridges and hopefully someone with artistic abilities can help out. An interesting side effect to this will be the wall fridge will be accessible from either side. If it's as easy to do as i think i might be able to get a version out tonighy

Maybe even 1 fridge for both the colony and prison cell.  Would solve the need for the paste despenser and hoppers taking up so much room
Professional jerk

Kiame

[1.0] Update
Added wall fridges. They currently have the same textures as the normal fridges. Any artists are welcome to submit better textures  :)

Note: Prisoners will NOT remove food even if a 'wall' fridge is one of the walls in their cells

rawrfisher

Quote from: Kiame on August 03, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
[1.0] Update
Added wall fridges. They currently have the same textures as the normal fridges. Any artists are welcome to submit better textures  :)

Note: Prisoners will NOT remove food even if a 'wall' fridge is one of the walls in their cells

lol well cant have it all.  Now if only the alien framework didnt cause a bug with butchering -_-
Professional jerk

Canute

Quote from: Kiame on August 03, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
[1.0] Update
Since i lack playing unstable.
Is the wall fridge a overlay or a wall replacement ?
I would vote for an overlay for the 1x1 one, so you can build it into the wall like conduits. Just with a little shrinked texture so you can see the wall more.
And 2x1 (maybe 4x1) as wall replacements.

rawrfisher

I think its a fridge that would occupy the wall space.  Ideally I would rather it work like the small cooler from redist heat in its space usage
Professional jerk

Kiame

Totentag

One mild complaint/oversight/bug. For whatever reason, in 1.0, I can't seem to disallow rotten corpses from storage in my corpse freezer. This won't be a major problem when I have a walk-in freezer to store them in, but for the time being it's a bit of an annoyance.