[1.3] [KV] RimFridge [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 28, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Update:
Items in wall fridges will now be available in orbital trades

Amnesiac

Hi Kiame!

I have a suggestion for a new feature. If it's possible, it would be awesome to be able to tell my pawns to take meals to the fridge I have put inside my prison. https://i.imgur.com/ged2pf1.png

I wanted to keep some meals inside my kitchen, but I made a separate bill so that when the cook is done making 20 meals, he'll make 10 to stock the prison fridge with. Only problem is that the fridges don't show up as "stockpiles"!

I have no idea if it's possible, so if it's too much work, or not feasible, I completely understand.

I wish the base game had a way to store "x" amount of something in one stockpile or shelf, then this wouldn't even be needed!

Kiame

With how the game's code works it's currently not possible to select building to delivery produced items to, only stockpiles

Amnesiac

Understandable, no worries! I figured I'd just store some pemmican in there instead.

Another minor issue: https://i.imgur.com/89ZksoC.png
If you change the power requirement for the fridges, a huge amount of spam shows up in your history tab while you're typing the number, may want to make it only show up once you try pressing "apply" or maybe a message cooldown of 5 seconds, or something like that if you ever get the chance, super minor thing though.

Also thank you for the update for orbital trades!

Serenity

As a workaround maybe get Rimworld Search Agency. That includes the hauling hysteresis function. So you can set your fridge to be restocked at low levels. As long someone is set to hauling at a reasonably high priority it should get filled soon.

Kiame

I'll take a look at the input. I'm thinking it just a debug log that I never removed. I'll take a look at the code too as i've learned better ways to.do inputs since I originally added that

Kiame

Update:
Resized the glass texture for the wall fridges so the glass will cover the entire fridge

Syrchalis

<disallowedThingDefs>
<li>MealSurvivalPack</li>
</disallowedThingDefs>

Inside <filter>, inside <defaultStorageSettings> please.

No need for Survival Meals to be enabled by default for fridges. You can still enable Survival Meals if this is added, they are just disabled by default.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

CthulhuTactical

Great mod, and works with industrial rollers too, for ultimate automation of cooking!

dr33mz33

Quote from: Monzer on September 04, 2018, 10:59:41 AM
when I build any fridge it disappears i mean I order to build they make a blueprint and after constructing nothing happens .
You must use the Folder structure "as is". The problem is that you open the folder "Rimfridge", you found a subfolder and then you copied it directly to your Mods Folder. You must copy the folder Rimfridge, containing the aforementioned subfolder, into the Mods folder. Then it will work flawlessly.

Kiame

Also make sure to use the direct download link and not download from the GitHub page as it does not have the assembled code

Ruisuki

whats the difference between fridges and wall fridges

Kiame

Wall fridges will block air like a wall and will block pathing like a wall - it's literally a wall that can store food. Here's an example. I should have placed a few as a wall between the veggie freezer and the kitchen

linux_pangolin

What is the reason prisoners can't use wall fridges? I'd really like to use them and share a wall between my prison and kitchen. Currently meals placed in that fridge end up in limbo as they are"reserved for prisoners" but prisoners won't grab them.