[1.3] [KV] RimFridge [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 28, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I think that the same problem you report at the Pickup&Haul topic, has nothing to do with the Fridge itself.

Lupin III

I disabled Pickup&Haul and the problem I described there is gone.

For testing purposes I changed the XML of rimfridge so they are impassable (so no more pawns standing in them). Now the pawns just drop the thing that is supposed to go into the fridge on the floor, but immediately pick it up again, drop it, pick it up, drop it... The weird thing is that eventually something ends up in the fridge. The pawns then bugger off until the next time the fridge has to be replenished.

I guess the fridge itself doesn't really need a lot of programming that could go wrong. So maybe it is something else, but I have pretty much removed all mods that change something about stockpiles. As I said I have other stockpiles/storage furniture with the exact same priority/item settings and it doesn't happen there.

Canute

RimFridge and Pickup&haul are nearly allways at my modlist, and i never encounter such thing you describe.

Lupin III

After enabling some log options for pawns in the dev tools I saw combat extended mentioned in one of the log lines when it happened. I disabled CE and the problem is gone.
Do you have any idea why this would happen with fridges, but not with normal stockpiles? My pawns have no problem carrying meat from the butcher table to the walk-in freezer, and they also pick meat/vegetables up from there and carry it to the fridges. But there they fail to drop it into the fridge.

BTW: should prisoners be able to pick meals out of a fridge? I put a fridge into a prison containing 10 simple meals, but the prisoner in the same room is "urgently hungry" and suffers from malnutrition.

Canute

The problem are, CE change alot of things.
So not only weapons/appareal need a patch even other mod's can interact at the wrong way with CE.
One of the reason's why i don't use CE except at the HCSK modpack (because the devs take care of that incompactibles).

Normaly prisoner take meal's out of the fridge.

LiteEmUp

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it seems that renaming your fridges does not work... no matter what i do it resets to the default name quad fridge or something..

not a big deal, but having my fridges named specifically helps me remember what to restrict on it

Canute

LiteEmUp,
when you change the name, don't hit Enter to complete the rename process, click at "OK" then the name got changed.
I don't know why the Enter key don't work, that need to investigate Kiame.

Kiame

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Canute on April 03, 2019, 03:19:05 AM
LiteEmUp,
when you change the name, don't hit Enter to complete the rename process, click at "OK" then the name got changed.
I don't know why the Enter key don't work, that need to investigate Kiame.

lol thanks.... this definitely worked.... i just dont get why hitting enter, the game doesn't understand that it means ok...

Kiame

Update:
Huge thanks to Demonseed Elite for the refactoring of the code. Fridges are now Building_Storage and no longer re-defines comp rottable.

In addition PRISONERS can finally use either floor or wall fridges! (i finally figured out how to get it working)

Direct Download: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-rimfridge/releases/download/1.0/RimFridge.zip

Note:  There will be an error when first loading a save with a fridge. It can be ignored.

LWM

Congrats on the update; cleaner code is always a nice thing, and a ThingComp will make things easier in the long term.   ;D  I'll update my mod to match the new format in the next few days.

LWM

Well, for some reason, the patch you put in to switch Deep Storage people over to the new RimFridge didn't work.  It looked good when I glanced at it yesterday, but somehow it broke things....so if there is anyone else using your code, it might not work for them either.  I have updated my mod and players report all is well again.  8)

Kiame

I'm hoping this won't cause huge issues and thanks for updating your mod. If anyone has problems with other kids please let me know and I can help troubleshoot

Think3r

Quote from: Kiame on January 14, 2020, 01:10:50 AM
Update:
Huge thanks to Demonseed Elite for the refactoring of the code. Fridges are now Building_Storage and no longer re-defines comp rottable.

In addition PRISONERS can finally use either floor or wall fridges! (i finally figured out how to get it working)

Direct Download: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-rimfridge/releases/download/1.0/RimFridge.zip

Note:  There will be an error when first loading a save with a fridge. It can be ignored.
Awesome, finally! Does that mean we can specify fridges as hauling locations, at last?
Also, please create a github release for the people who subscribed for release notifications (like me). I just stumbled upon this by accident.
Greetings

Kiame

Quote from: Think3r on January 16, 2020, 06:40:40 AM
Also, please create a github release for the people who subscribed for release notifications (like me). I just stumbled upon this by accident.
Greetings

I use to create new releases but there are multiple places where i've directly linked the download of the zip. If i change the release i need to change the urls in each of those places. For that reason I created ModSync which will inform you when a mod gets updated - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=41634.0
There are other developers that use this as well.