[A17] Can't trade with Caravans / Visitors / Spaceships (Solved)

Started by Watershine, May 28, 2017, 03:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watershine

Hello everyone! Yesterday i ran into my very first Bug, so it seems.

I suddenly can't trade with anyone anymore - not with Caravans, not with Visitors and not with Spaceships in the orbit of the planet.

I don't know if this Bug was caused by a Mod that i uninstalled unintended. The Mod is called Bonsai Plus and adds User-Made Bonsai-Trees - that can be crafted at the Art station - to the Game. I had one such Tree sitting uninstalled in my Storage Area when i Unsubscribed said Mod by mistake (i had intended to uninstall a different one, must've misclicked i guess).

The Tree is gone from the storage, just in case i activated the Mod again. But still can't trade - nor am sure if this Bug was even caused by this - or any other Mod - in the first place.

I ran Dev-Mode to see what happens when i want to trade with the Caravan currently in my Colony and it returns this to me:

Since it says something about MinfieldSculpture in the Debug Log

QuoteException drawing MinifiedSculpture1816194: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.MinifiedThing.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc, Boolean flip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings (Verse.DrawTargetDef drawTarget) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)

I guess it has indeed something to do with the Bonsai i crafted and that was sitting in the storage and is now not there anymore. But since i'm not 100% sure i posted this Topic in the general Bug Report Area. May the RimWorld forgive me if that was wrong. ::)

I also shared the Log here: Debug Log

Currently i've the following Mods installed and activated:

• HugsLib
  • Architect Sense
  • Stack Merger
  • Visible Pants
  • Stuffed Floors
  • More Furniture (A17)
  • RIMkea
  • Efficient Light
  • Pawns Play Poker
  • Spoons Hair Mod
  • [FSF] Carpets of the Rainbow
  • Ofuton
  • Bonsaiplus
  • fusuma plus
  • ishidourou plus
  • Shibainu
  • tatami
  • Xeva's Rimhair (A15, A16, A17)
  • LT-Gardening
  • Smooth Stone Walls [a17]
  • More Planning
  • P-Music
  • [T] MoreBedsVanilla
  • Rimsenal - Rimhair

Not all the Mods activated have been used in the Game. But some, like i've 3 Shibainu running around in my Colony, i used some Carpets of the Rainbow as well as additional colored Lights and Furniture from More Furniture, the joy-item from Pawns Play Poker and they Hay-Ground-Decoration that comes with RIMkea. I also drew a few red-colored Plans with More Planning on the Map. And some Pawns might've Hair Styles that come with one of additional Hairstyle Mods, but in this case i really can't tell who and where and when. ^_^;

I don't have any visible Crypto-Caskets on my Map - Since i read that this might've caused Problems in the previous version A16.

You can download my save-file, just in case here

Watershine

After messing around with Dev-Mode some more (no, i don't have any clue what i'm doing, but most things are kinda self-explaining) i think i found the little bugger. Now, how can i remove it from there? =D

Screenshot

Watershine

Woot, i'm no Dev but i found the solution by myself. So if anyone is ever having any Problems with Mods and Items here's what i did:

Step 1: Try if you can remember where the item was that disappeared and now might cause problems. For me it was the Bonsai Tree i made using the Bonsai Plus Mod. I remembered that i had uninstalled it and that my Pawns stored it in my big Main-Storage.
Step 2: Press ESC to open the Menu, go to the Option and there activate the Dev-Mode.
Step 3: Look at the upper screen, there you'll see a few tiny symbols, select the Magnifier.
Step 4: Now Search tile by tile with that Magnifier and see if you find the item you're looking for. Use the Log you got from the Debug Mode, pay attention to anything in red and remember the code for the item mentioned there.
Step 5: If you've found the Item that is causing the Problem, go to the upper-screen again and select "Open Debug Action Menu", it offers you a wide selection of god-like-tools. If you scroll down, there should be a category on the left side saying: "Tool - General", right below there's the "Tool: Destroy" simply select this and destroy the invisible item.

After it was gone i was able to trade again! Thanks goodness!

Sacru

Another way of finding the problematic item/s;
If the bugged item is currently visible on-screen an error will be generated in the debug log. Make sure you have the debug log open and you'll either see logs being generated and so filling the log or a single log with a number beside it ticking up (again IF the item is on screen).
Using this method you can watch the log and move around the map while zoomed in to narrow down where the item is.

azar160

You guys are awesome! The above method helped me find a single item in the middle of my main stockpile throwing up all kinds of errors. It mad trading impossible, made pawns fail to haul, and ate serious amounts of memory. As soon as I got rid of it with the delete tool, All my colonists snapped to Hauled everything in the base, the game sped up, and the whole colony started to work again

Thank you guys so much!

dumpsta

thanks guys.  It was an empty space in my stockpile.  When the tile was on screen, that one red debug counter went up.  Once i selected the tile, I got multiple red debug notices...  Deleted whatever was on the tile, and everything is back to normal... Thanks again