[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Battle Formations (v1.0)

Started by pawnstorm, April 24, 2014, 10:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daft73

Quote from: Kirid on April 25, 2014, 02:28:28 AM
I plopped it into a rimworld folder with 30 other mods, no problems so far. No conflicts with the AlphaMuffalo mod, my only pawn-adding mod. Since your xml just changes the <thingClass> of "BasePawn", I think anything loaded before may automatically get written over as a BattleFormations.XPawn?
Bestest news ever ;D :D

Will report problems, bugs, anomalies, blackholes...

Architect

I only just realised, you've completely over written the defs for pawns to make them use an entirely custom thingDef for their behaviour... I didn't even realise you could do that! XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

pawnstorm

Quote from: Architect on April 25, 2014, 12:36:24 PM
I only just realised, you've completely over written the defs for pawns to make them use an entirely custom thingDef for their behaviour... I didn't even realise you could do that! XD
I didn't know I could do that either! :P

Architect

Pawnstorm, I've sent you a PM requesting your assistance?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

pawnstorm

Quote from: Architect on April 25, 2014, 01:42:51 PM
Pawnstorm, I've sent you a PM requesting your assistance?
I sent you a reply :). I'm also in #rimworld on quakenet if you need further assistance

Haplo

Your mod is really good. I've just tested it and it does work perfectly on my side.
The only thing I would change is that right now you overwrite every pawn in your Races.xml.
As your mod right now is only for colonists, you should maybe delete everything not human out of the file, so that you only have to watch out for changes in the human definitions and not if someone changes the animal definitions.
But else it really works good!
Also I'm glad that my mod could provide some help for you to create this. :)
Good work.. ;D

pawnstorm

Quote from: Haplo on April 25, 2014, 02:12:28 PM
Your mod is really good. I've just tested it and it does work perfectly on my side.
The only thing I would change is that right now you overwrite every pawn in your Races.xml.
As your mod right now is only for colonists, you should maybe delete everything not human out of the file, so that you only have to watch out for changes in the human definitions and not if someone changes the animal definitions.
But else it really works good!
Also I'm glad that my mod could provide some help for you to create this. :)
Good work.. ;D
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I'll change it in the next release. It does seem more sensible that way.

pawnstorm

By the way, if anybody does a "Lets play Rimworld" vid on youtube featuring my mod, please do let me know! I'd love to watch people actually use it. Bonus points if you also use my favourite mod setup, which is Haplo's PowerSwitch, Psyckosama's Cremation Chamber and Silvermane's Clothes mod.

rakarna

are i blind, or is it only me who cant found the download link?

pawnstorm

It's at the bottom of the first post. I updated the first post yesterday by the way, also added a section about plans for the next release which I could use some feedback on. Mainly what the threat response structure should look like.

Edit: I'll go add a download section I guess

pawnstorm

I'm still waiting for the new textures before I release version 0.2, but if anyone would like to try the new version with the old textures in the meantime, here it is.
Your old savegames won't work with the new version, but it's easy to fix this using the awesome XML manipulation tool XmlStarlet which you can download here.

To fix your Battle Formations 0.1 savegame to work with Battle Formations 0.2:
xml ed -P -u "//thing[@Class='BattleFormations.XPawn'][def/text()='Human']/@Class" -v "BF.PawnX" -u "//thing[@Class='BattleFormations.XPawn'][def/text()!='Human']/@Class" -v "Pawn" input.rim >output.rim

To add Battle Formations 0.2 to your vanilla savegame:
xml ed -P -u "//thing[@Class='Pawn'][def/text()='Human']/@Class" -v "BF.PawnX" input.rim >output.rim

To remove Battle Formations 0.2 from your savegame:
xml ed -P -d "//thing[@Class='BF.PawnX']/savedpos" -u "//thing[@Class='BF.PawnX']/@Class" -v "Pawn" input.rim >output.rim

If all this command line stuff scares you, just download XmlStarlet, get this batch file, make sure xml.exe and the batch file are in the same directory and drag and drop your savegame on the batch file. I do advise to keep the backup file, at least until some people have reported it all works as intended.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

WolfgangPolska

Can anyone make video how it work please???
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

pawnstorm

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on April 27, 2014, 01:56:33 AM
Can anyone make video how it work please???
How what works exactly? If you just want to play a game with this mod, install it like you would any other mod. The complicated xml stuff only applies if you want to enable this mod on a savegame you started without this mod or if you want to continue your savegame from the old version with the new version.

pawnstorm

First post updated with new version. I went straight to v1.0 since it seems to work pretty well and I don't think I'll be making many changes to it. I do plan to do a mod based on this, but that'll be a separate mod.

Blackjack1000K: Are you still working on better textures or busy with other things?

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: pawnstorm on April 28, 2014, 11:18:29 PM
Blackjack1000K: Are you still working on better textures or busy with other things?
Yeah im still working on it!
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"