Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabor0shi

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
My brother told me about it. I have never played any game like this. Closest are Civ5 & Terraria(if u haven't played it, you need to) & Battletoads
-What's your favorite other game?
I have unconditional love for Fallout3. it will always be my favorite :-*
-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
Probly shudnt tell the one(s) involving masturbation... That leaves: The time I cried a little at the end of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for Gamecube. I was 25 yrs old at the time :-[ "All his friends came to his aide *sob* friendship is a beautiful thing!" I cud explain my strong reaction, but ironically the explanation is actually too embarrassing to share at group level.
-Why did you cry like baby?
I didn't cry like a baby, I cried like a man! I told you, it's too personal to say here! Respect my privacy, you nosy template!
-Random Misc. plz?
I'm from Northern California. I'm not exactly Caucasian, but try not to hold that against me ;)
I'm just gettin into modding (only got one finished) but i plan on making more.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

iamthepenthief

Hey. I am the pen thief.... or paul or pt

I found rimworld on steam... liked the look of it and big strategy fan.
Looked at afew lets plays on youtube from some of my favourite subs. (Chris odd, mr falcon, northern lion)

Enjoyed the vids... checked the game spec (which is unbelievable light! A late 90s pc could run it!!)
Then bought it.

Playing it between some other titles now. Its been awesome.... painful... brutal... emotional.... and awesome.

Homesteader

Hi, my name is Homesteader, I'm French and I'm a ... homesteader.
BTW, I don't think that green is a primary colour :-)

thyalchemist

steam recommended this game because I played a bunch of Factorio.  Really enjoying it.

Laniere

Hi,
My name is Alessio, i'm 27. I'm italian and i'm at university (trying to be computer technician).

I reallt love base build games so i've found some random playthrough of rimworld while i was on youtube
Absolutely this one. It's been stealing all the time in the last 2 weeks
My first colony lasted half an hour. One of my survivor got crazy, killed the others and got killed by a raccoon :///

Thanks to everyone :)

Cpt. DuctTape

Hey everyone!
My name is DuctTape! I've been playing RimWorld for quite a while, but I haven't been that active on the forums until now, so I thought I'll introduce myself properly.

"-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?"
I found the game about one and a half year ago, while I was searching for sci-fi themed games. I've always been a fan of sci-fi games, and I never really played a colony-managament game before, so I thought I'll give it a try.

"-What's your favorite other game?"
My absolute, all-time favorite games are Mass Effect 1,2 and 3, and I've been playing a bunch of Factorio too recently.

"-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?"
I probably had an embarassing story, but the truth is, I don't remember :I

That's all, and thanks for reading!

Scythah

Sup, I'm new here. Just made up a name on the spot since I never use the same one twice.

I was first introduced to Rimworld when it came out on steam, watched the trailer and thought it looked sorta interesting but just put it on the wishlist for a month or so (wasn't sure about the price tag at the time). Then eventually I checked the game out in action on twitch and decided it was worth the cost and BAM! No looking back, no regrets. My new favorite game by far.

As far as other games though, I would say the Fable series has a special place in my heart, even if the games haven't aged well and Lionhead went under recently (that's a whole 'nother story anyway). The Fallout games are a close second, old (1 and 2) and new (3, NV, 4).

An embarassing gaming related story? Well, there's one that's embarassing in retrospect. When I was like 14 and played WoW, I used to play a hawt female elf who would dance naked on the zeppelin rides for tips in ingame gold. I also pretended to be an actual IRL girl a few times. Yeaaaah... pretty awkward.

That's about it, I think. Oh, uh... cereal, right? Yeah, fuck cereal for breakfast. Eggs for life homie.

SticksNTricks

Names SticksNTricks. I like to write, draw, do stuff. Trying out modding for the first time and figured I'd start with Rimworld! Heard about the came in IIRC from some friends and figured I'd get a hand in trying it.

Favorite game is Stellaris. But stuck on Rimworld now.

http://sticksntrickwritingshticks.blogspot.com/
Where I write Flash fiction, sci-fi, horror and general blog posts and nonsense.

Of course I'm on hiatus for a while till college semester blows over.

fetusthebard

A while ago (several years now) I saw a youtuber I really liked playing this. I watched every single episode he put out, and then once the content stopped I never looked into it again.

So favorite is hard. Most played would probably be Crusader Kings, although EU4 is reeeeal close. My "this nostalgia is killing me, help please" game is Roller Coaster Tycoon, which made up 90% of my teen years. Dragon Age: Origins, if you told me to pick what game was the only in existence, would probably be my answer though. I guess you can call that a "favorite"

So about a year and a half ago I asked Tynan for a Steam key to the game. For those of you that aren't new to the game, you know that didn't exist yet. I had thought back when I watched the dude on youtube I bought the game. I didn't, I bought Prison Architect, which he played as well. I never responded to him, and I felt real bad  :-[
So I bought his game  ;D

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Yo dog, If you are an adult, and you feel self-conscious eating Count Chocula? You need to get your priorities straight. Count Chocula and the related cereals are amazing. And for anyone that thinks child cereals shouldn't transfer to adult life, you need to inject some fun into your sad existence friend.
And probably stop telling people what they can and can't do.

jeytee

Hi just got this game and I would like to say its great!

Scarecrow69

hi  !
A friend told me about this game so I wanted to check for it.
I started the game yesterday, and it was a big good surprise ! still in discovery mode.

Right now I have big trouble with my mens, they don't eat (except survival rations), don't cook and so they died slowly.  I repeated the tutorial 3 or 4 times but in new games they don't want to eat. I set rice plantation, hunting for some animals, built a simple stove , table and chairs. Some got cooking skill and job is activated and I can't succeed to get them feed. Am I doing something wrong ?
Anyway I will try again ;)
edit : it s ok now I understood what I did wrong.

About me,well,  I 'm an old gamer, my first game was Ultima II, and my most played game is Eve Online (12y).
and I don't eat cereals :)

o7

Kathy111

Hello all,
i'm Katherine Vann and i'm a newbie here.. I was introduced to this by my friend and I just loved it.

Saebra

Hello I found this game by accident in google searching for another game, I clicked on this one and oh my, looked fun from the first trailer on the page! I played most of the morning but have to go to work now :'( Nice to meet you all!

mon-j

Hi, I'm mon-j.  I'm new to Rimworld, but I've played a game or two in the past.  I seem to understand most of the beginner aspects of the game, and I'm having a good time.  I don't play with any mods yet, I just want to see what the game has to offer before I start tweaking things. 

Gotta love the draconian posting rules as well. 

ChaosChronicler

Steam recommended the game. Looked at it and thought "This could be fun". Looked at YouTube let's plays till I decided to buy it. Having the time of my life with the storytelling and would wish to learn how to mod it. So many ideas; no knowledge of c# what so ever.
Halflife 2. Good execution of story and gameplay. 
DMing a game right now. Keep forgetting my players names all the time.
-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Food. Food is the best.