Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bozobub

The Google, it is a thing: http://www.southernliving.com/food/holidays-occasions/easy-icebox-pies

Pies you don't cook or that require very little cooking; they're chilled, instead.
Thanks, belgord!

Slate

Hello everyone,

I am Slate and I've been playing rimworld for little over a year now loving it to bits.
I am addicted to mods, seriously I need help, and while running into a problem with one I decided to finaly make an account on the forums.
Who knows I might even make a mod or two of my own in due time, untill then I will fall in love with many of the wonderfull mods and features of rimworld.

Greatings to all,

Slate.

Juc

ProjectXa3

"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

Vlad0mi3r

Hello everyone,

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
Watching Youtube clips made by Eytalix. RimWorld looked different and my kind of challenge. Haven't looked back

-What's your favorite other game?
To be Honest any of the Total War franchise. Really enjoy Rome II and Europe.

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
Loosing at starcraft multiplayer because I was a tight arse not building backup pylons as part of my defence network. Sigh.... so close.

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Wheat Bix (I'm Australian so Don't know if they exist elsewhere. However I do prefer Bacon and Eggs over cereal.

Picture for a later date.  ;)
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

TriscyTV

Hiya! I'm Triscy. I cast video games on Twitch, and have spent many a night staying up until 3 AM or later playing RimWorld. Have about 200 hours at the time of writing.

Not very good at the game, and don't tend to permadeath, but I love playing it and really have enjoyed when folks've dropped by. Always fun discussions in the community, so I thought I'd drop by the forums here.

Crow_T

Hey everybody, been playing RimWorld for a couple of weeks now and love both this highly addictive game and great community, both in tutorial content and mods. Also a huge thank you to Tynan for the native Linux support  ;D
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

homemdosgalos

homemdosgalos here from Portugal,
i'm new in the forum, and actually fairly new to this game as well (just 200 hours  :P)

Actually saw the game on Steam, saw the reviews and instantly knew it had to buy it, because though i'm not a huge fan of survival games, the strategy/ decision making part is something i love on games.

So many... but currently at the top: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series. I prefer strategy games and JRPG style games.

I actually cannot remember just one ;D

One does not love just one kind of breakfast cereal  ::)

realdead_man

Reading the silly "intro yourself" sticky, I have nothing better to do...... :-*

I am realdead_man.   As far as I know, the only realdead_man you are likely to come across (with that spelling)

I float around various game boards, and others..........

I am 39 years young, got my 22 year wedding anniversary SAT, and am addicted to gaming.

I started with the TRS80 COCO, Atari, Tandy1000, nes, snes, xbox, et all

Here lately, I have been on an "indie game" and sub $20USD game spree.

Not sure, but I think, I found Rimworld thru PCgamer, RPS, or just Steam.    AS I age, I find myself drifting away from my FPS games, toward turn based, or strategic pause type games.  Getting old sucks.

Anyway, that is enough personally identifiable information for now.   Greetings!

Skynert

Hi, I'm Skynert, Im new here I'm from Poland, city of Gdansk/Danzing, so my real name is unpronounceable for you. I'm 26 year's old and have spinal muscular atrophy II. Oh, and I'm (was...) youtuber. Bad youtuber ;/

My disability. I was looking for game where I can play with one hand, becouse my left hand stop working last year. And I find this awesome game.

Battle Realms, my first RTS, I've got it from my godfather

Blowing up Ranger base in Wasteland 2

I don't like cereal ;/

BluealienWilson

Hello, I am BluealienWilson, I live in Texas where its currently hotter then a Extreme Desert.

Well it all started when I first got Cultures 2, I loved that game, it had pretty, cartoony graphics had a somewhat deep Economy and had a lot of focus on building up your town over Training and killing but you can also focus on training troops and forging weapons of war.

It has to be Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, Specifically the mod Mental Omega that adds in a lot more troops, research, and even a new Faction and 3 new Sub-Factions.

Oh god.... Well one time when I was playing the default Scenario my Base and every colonist was killed by a horde of angry Squirrels....  :'(

Obviously Corn Pops!
God help us all.

Dargaron

Hello, I am Dargaron. I live in VT. History major.

-Shout out to Christopherodd and Marbozir on Youtube: I watched their Let's Plays on Rimworld and bought the game afterwards, just before Alpha 17.

-I am also slogging my way through the Darkest Dungeon. Between the two: Much stress. So wow. Many dead pawns/heroes.

-My worst failure in Rimworld was probably the time I had a brainfart and sent every pawn to retrieve a Masterwork Granite Pool Table from a nearby settlement (it was heavy enough that I needed all available pawns to carry it back). In my defense, I really wanted to test out the new missions. But that defense didn't work when I got a raid while everyone else was a day and a half away. Stockpile got set on fire, all the workbenches/furniture got wrecked, and there was no food for winter.

-Favorite cereal is Special K: need the iron to keep Red Cross happy.

Mad Muffalo

Hey from Marbella Spain, just started playing Rimworld a couple of weeks ago and I'm blown away, what a great game with so much depth, and potential. It's the greatest game I've played so far. Love what you guys are producing.

PhantomFav

Hi everybody! I'm an italian guy who simply love play RW :D I love the concept, the background, the gameplay and those little cute paws ;D I think this is how a good sci-fi game should be made. See you in the forum ^^

MooTheBest

I Actually Found this game on a youtube video something about early access games
i was bored so i searched early access games because i love playing those games
and found the game and fell in luv :D