Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLastGenius

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I was watching a youtuber called scott manly when I found out about this game, and my dad introduced me to this style of game when I was young((er)Only fourteen but I do have a genius level IQ so suck it age restrictions)
-What's your favorite other game?
Thats a really big question but off the top of my head I'll have to go with Kerbal space program
-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I was tea-bagging a dragon in skyrim when my mum walked in and then she gave me 'the talk'
-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
I have a lot of cereal but it's either crunchy nut or curiously cinnamon

Also do you think I could become a tester / Creative suggester or something with your company not paid or anything just as a side thing because this game has real potential and I really want to contribute. Thanks for reading and if your Tynan try to get back to me if your not busy BTW I'm a Linux user

MrHudson

Hello guys ;) My name is Samuel, I am Polish and currently live in Poland but I've been to the USA for four years. I'm 25 and I work as an IT teacher in primary school.

I saw it on JSmithOTI's channel and boy it is cool.

Dust: An Elysian Tail, The Binding of Isaac and Freelancer were masterpieces.

I died in MW2 on map Afghan from falling into a pit while having 24 killstreak because my mouse didn't want to go in Y axis. That was anticlimactic.

Dunno, I eat potatoes and drink vodka for breakfast (not really, lol).

murphyjm0210

Hello all,

Name's Jones Maximé Murphy, aka Maximaeus when I'm playing MMO's. I'm a 19-year-old college student attending the Georgia Institute of Technology, majoring in Physics. I am an absolute space junkie, and I can't keep myself away from a good space exploration/colonization game. I was playing and watching LP's of Kerbal Space Program when one of the guys I subscribe to, Scott Manley (pretty big name), started making video's of a pre-alpha game I'd never heard of by the name of Rimworld. Naturally I was quite intrigued, so I decided to go ahead and bag myself a copy. I was blown away. This is absolutely the game I have been looking for. I get a feeling of excitement and novelty from being places I've never been before, and Rimworld just puts you right in the action, like you're actually in space colonizing a planet from scratch on a completely uncharted world. Even though the game's still incomplete it's one of the best games in existence right now in my opinion. I joined this forum because I feel like I have a few good ideas to contribute. Gonna head on over to the suggestions subforum and get to work. :D

Rhopunzel

Hi, I suppose I should introduce myself (in)formally now that I've been announced!

I'm Rhopunzel, the artist Tynan graciously chose to go with for RimWorld. Some of you might know me from my involvement with Gnomoria and currently Starbound. Nice to meet you!

I'm really happy to be working on this game! I'm having a lot of fun so far, and I'm privileged to be on board with a title such as this. I met Tynan through Starbound and when he showed me the game I immediately knew I had to be a part of it - I'm a huge fan of these types of management games and had been waiting for a sci-fi oriented type to come along, so to actively be a part of realising it too feels really great.

I look forward to working on this and hanging out with the community - I'll be sure to answer any questions anyone may have for me.

Galileus

Quote from: Rhopunzel on December 13, 2013, 05:23:14 PMI'm privileged to be on board with a title such as this

A muffalo developer? :P

CodyRex123

Quote from: Jakadasnake on September 30, 2013, 10:10:28 PM
Super legit breakfast cereal answer. This dude could probably stomach the muffaloaf.

MMMM MUFFALOAF! :D
Dragons!

Phos Hilaron

My name is Dwayne. I am a YouTuber and an amateur game developer using Unity 3d. I freaking love RimWorld. I can't wait for more stuff to come out for it (features, etc.). I first heard about it when Quill18 did a "Let's Try" series of it. I'm also a fan of Minecraft, Halo and strategy games. Speaking of breakfast, I am old enough to remember Nintendo brand breakfast cereal.

Thanks!   

Meik

Hi, this is Meik from Germany. I first saw RimWorld in a kind of let's play on gameone.de and immediately loved the concept. I started playing games about 20 years ago on the C64 and ever since loved playing strategy, management games, RPGs and adventures (Maniac Mansion and so forth). I always got a soft spot in my heart for indie titles and lately I got the feeling that those somehow manage to interest me even more than many AAA titles. Anyways, I really liked the idea that you can purchase RimWorld and get a very polished pre-alpha version of the game and updates until the final version.

My favorite other game at the moment is definitely Dark Souls and one reason for that is because it does not spoon-feed me with story but gives enough room for my own imagination to do its thing.

Embarrassing gaming-related story? Hmmm, have to think on that one.

Breakfast = coffee (during the week at least)
Cheers!

palandus

Hi, Palandus here. Being playing games since I was about 5 years old. First "real" game I played was Wolfenstein 3D when I was 5. I got lost a lot. Want to know more, send me an email: [email protected]; Cheers!

Q: What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
A1: I was cruising a different indie forum (Dwelvers) and they suggested Rimworld to people interested in other games similiar to Dwelvers.
A2: I got introduced to this style of game by games like: Outpost 2, A Game of Dwarves, Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim and Dwelvers (the Indie game forum I was browsing)

Q: What's your favorite other game?
A1: Favorite RTS = Supreme Commander
A2: Favorite Deathmatch FPS = Unreal Tournament 2004
A3: Favorite Tactical FPS = Section 8: Prejudice
A4: Favorite Turn-Based RPG = Either Exile 3 or Dungeons of the Unforgiven
A5: Favorite RT RPG = Dark Souls

Q:Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
A: I was attempting to play as long as I could on one life in Dark Souls, and I ended up dying by falling off a bridge fighting the Taurus demon. This is the most embarrassing, because I blocked the attack, took no damage, but the force from the blow knocked me off. I was quite mad. What a way to die >.> 

Q:What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
A:Erm... Whole Grains or Frosted Wheats are things I like a lot.

colblackwolf

Hi all,
Col. Blackwolf is my handle.  I've been gaming for a long, long time, and will do so till I die ;)

I'd like to thank EnterElysium on youtube for introducing me to this marvelous game. Even if watching him play sometimes drives me nuts (seriously, there's a body under that bed).

Oh man, I can't really answer that.  It depends on the day.

Nothing specific comes to mind. Not because I don't have any, but because there are so many derp moments they all kind of blend together.

Anything with nuts and sugar.

Eagerly following the development of this game and looking forward to all the awesome stuff to come.

Atomicburn

Hello, I'm AtomicBurn
-What hooked me on this game or game style?
I play way too many games, but i got introduced to this one by Steam Greenlight and then Scott Manley on YouTube. I'm also currently rocking Prison Architect, KSP, and starbound so i figured i would toss this one in as well. :) I like to support the small names in gaming. Because eventually you will be the new big ones.
-Fav Game?
I'm a huge fan of Xcom (both new and old) and i passed the 130 plus games on steam awhile ago. sooooooo ya.

-Most embarrassing story tied to gaming?
Got caught playing my brothers PS1 back in the day, by my mother. He had gone out and bought another after his got taken away. He broke it in half after i got caught on it and my mother tried taking it away. Man, we didn't talk much for weeks.

-Cereal?
Bran Flakes with a little sugar on them.

keep the game making up, i'll see about getting some other ppl interested in this game. Good luck ppl, and i'll be watching. :)

Fred999

Hello !

My name is Fred (oh really ? :D)

I back up this (awesome) project because I was searching for a good 'little' game that I could play whenever I can, without having internet or a good computer.

I'm a sim racer at heart.. means I drive cars on the internet most of my free time :D   (check www.assettocorsa.net it's just AWESOME).. I'll tell you guys more about SimRacing if you're interested..

But I needed something to feed my envy quick and simple.. then I discovered Prison Architect... then... THIS. 

Nice to meet you guys !

Tynan you are the best ;)

DonWraith

I found RimWorld while browsing Scott Manley's videos looking for Kerbal Space Program videos.  At first I saw the game and just though "that looks interesting".  I didn't think much of it, but a about a month later I saw the game again and did some research.  I enjoy space games as well as the concept of colonizing other planets.  I also like playing games that are still developing.

My only fear is that RimWorld will go the way of Cube World and fizzle out.  Seeing that the developers of RimWorld are more interactive than the developer of Cube World, I don't think this will be an issue.

I look forward to playing the game and browsing the forums for any questions I have about the game.

Malicar

I think I found out about the game from someone in the Star Citizen chat lobby when we were talking about indie games and the state of the industry. Few titles such as Banished and RimWorld with small dev teams were the talk at the time. Friend told me about the Alpha though and how I could support the game early. After playing the Alpha it was clear this game had the potential to be better than anything else like it. I'm actually really impressed with the Alpha even though it's placeholder and largely unfinished. I wanted the game to have the support it deserves and that's why I chose to support it early. Looking forward to playing new builds and then the STEAM version when it's released. I'm also interested in debugging and making some suggestions along the way. Everyone I've shown or told about the game likes it. Keep up the good work!  Ahh how cute I'm a refuge heh!

Ravine

Hi, I'm Florian, aka Ravine. I'm a 30 yo programmer, and a gamer for a solid 20 years now (the Game Boy was my first machine).

I saw RimWorld on Kickstarter. Found the concept more appealing than Prison Architect (I'm a Sci-Fi/Post Apo fan, so that kind of setting is more my kind of stuff than managing prisoners) and I backed it.

Tons of games. Recently, Shadowrun Returns (as a former Shadowrun 3rd ed GM, I love clicking stuff in that universe). Path of Exile and Torchlight II ate a chunk of my spare time last year too. A Civ V game time to time. Oh, and DotA2 (and all the games before that one too). There's something so engaging in being insulted by people over a game ;)

Too many to actually remember one in particular. Hmmm probably got one. When I was unemployed, years ago, I played WoW quite heavily, going to bed at 5-6am, to wake up at 2pm. To the point that one night, I passed out twice in my bathroom, and nearly destroy a heater while falling. I realized that I was quite lucky to not hurt myself more; I started getting a better life hygiene shortly after that incident.

Good question. Bran-stuff i guess. Otherwise, the answer would be none. Double espresso, a shower, going to work and eating fruits there. Apples. I really like apples.