Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

htoxborrow

I'm Herman from Seattle.

Twas looking for another Dwarf Fortress spin to get my fix.

I love Don't Starve and the Age of Empires series, so when I heard that this was Firefly fringe plus a promising interface I was like... take my money!

And I like Mtn Dew in my Wheaties.
When in doubt Ad Hominem like its your only hope for validation.

Pirx Danford

Hey I am a gamer from Germany.

- Found Rimworld on KS after Terminus failed to match its goal and loved the premise, also was pretty impressed of the prototype, which other companies would already have declared alpha.

- My favorite other game at this time is Planetside 2, but I am expecting Stonehearth to take over when it receives more content.

- Most embarassing... 2 things, for one for a long time I could not finish defenders of the crown on the C64= because I did not know that "flip disk" meant to put the floppy in with the other side and the other thing was I let it run for 4 weeks straight because I did not know how to save the game In Elite.

- Best cereal... any organic muesli mixed with bulgara yogurt will do.

I am massively enjoying Rimworld and are eagerly awaiting the next Alpha :-)

gamerrob

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I think I saw a screenshot on Reddit, and thought what's that, because I never heard of Dwarf Fortress, and Prison Architect looked cool on Steam, but not enough to buy it, I didn't like the Prison theme.

-What's your favorite other game?
How can you ever say favorite, I guess what comes to mind is growing up and playing FF6, Chrono Trigger, that's the last time I would have told you I had a favorite. I just finished The Witcher 2 though...

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I got really into DDR in college, went to a competition once, and was bested by a 16y old Japanese girl, in a mall.

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Non, eggs and meats for me.

And/or put up ridiculous pictures, as you see fit.
-attached

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

sebastianus78

Hello Rimworldianers

Because I want to be polite, i'm introducing myself. :)

Since I played Terraria I search much more for Indie games. They may not have a perfect graphic, but the game itself is much more fun for many hours. I played Batman for about 10-15 hours, Terraria for more than 100 hours. Then I found prison architect and than this great game. And I think I spent more hours in pre-alpha and alpha 1 than in nearly every casual game, and the hour-counter goes up

No specific favorite game, but I love Terraria, Towns, Prison Architect and (ok one is casual) Skyrim

haha, funny question. I'm boring, what about standard CornFlakes? :)

I'm very exited about the next relases, i can't nearly wait

Ah, and btw: I'm from Austria (the little country in the Center of Europe)

cya, Sebastian

EDIT: I forgot to say: I'm very impressed that a game in this early state is so stable and has so few bugs. Congratulations, please tell other developers how it's done  ::)

Magzilla07

Hello! I am Magzilla from Georiga, USA!

I saw someone playing RimWorld on Twitch, actually, and so I looked it up, and here I am! I've always been into strategy games, and since I can build things in RimWorld, it was an instant attraction.

I can't really choose one, so here's my top 3:
1. Suikoden series (With 2 being my absolute favorite)
2. Deus Ex: Conspiracy Theory. It was one of the first games I played by myself, really. Usually, I would play against my brothers in something or just watch them play. So this game has a special place in my heart.
3. Harvest Moon. I LOVE most Harvest Moon games (Some are just awful) because not only do I get to run my own farm and ranch, but I get to court the villagers and make friends and get married! It's such a simple game, but I love the series dearly. Animal Parade might be my favorite of them all.

When I was playing Final Fantasy VIII for the first time, I was searching for the white SeeD ship, and it took me soooo long that I started crying out of frustration and threw my controller down. I then proceeded to stomp around the house yelling at the top of my lungs, haha.

My preferences change from month to month, I think, cause we have a steady rotation of cereals. My favorite is Alphabits, but I do also enjoy a good bowl of Frosted Flakes.

This is a picture of me and my best friend meeting Scott Hall and his son Cody. YESS!!! (I'm the one in the middle; my hair was really short back then)
"Memento Mori: Remember you are mortal, remember you will die."
-Persona 3-

Crawling Space

Hi, I'm [randomly generated nickname], from Europe  :)

An online gaming community told me about the game, it looked really fun so I got aboard the Kickstarter just on time. I'm a massive fan of Dungeon Keeper 1, but haven't really explored the whole strategy/management genre yet (even if I got all the classics on gog.com already).

-What's your favorite other games?

Too many to list, but I would go with: mods, immersive FPS games, tactical shooters and mods (too).

But if there's one RTS game I would pick, it would be Battle Realms (by far), it's really a hidden gem. It has excellent: balance (you can totally recover from a lost battle unlike most other RTS !), gameplay (diversity and clever use of abilities are massively favored over quantity), environment design (all the tiny details like the wildlife, or each faction distinct style affecting buildings, units, abilities and VA), level design (extremely gorgeous), sound design (battles do sound like battles ! and the Lotus clan... oh boy), music (got them on my MP3 player, it's incredible), voice acting (even the localized VA !!). It's on gog.com - I truly recommend it, even/especially to people who usually don't play RTS.

Realizing I've been shooting at teammates the whole time for the last few minutes or so... and was such a poor shot I didn't killed one, not even scratched them enough to get noticed. In these moments, you just want to hide in a cave and hope they forget about your existence :D

Then a few weeks later, you start getting good... And team-kill someone by pure accident "OMG so sorry ! :s", so you're really stressed and want to make sure you'll compensate that with several useful kills. Oops. Second TK, no more than 5 seconds later. I... I'll just sit in spectator or simply disconnect, I seem to really need it.

Tough question... for a sophisticated breakfast that would be muesli, for a cozy-lazy breakfast on the couch/computer/console, any commercial cereals (Kellog's and the likes).

madmous

Hi there.. Im Matthew aka Madmous.. im 39 and a game addict for a long time :D
Im from the Netherlands.

My first contact with Rimworld was youtube... fell for it at first sight

lets say games.. as i play alot off different games
Worls of Tanks/ League of legends/Civ5/Minecraft/terraria and alot more so now and then

got strongly addicted to World of Warcraft.. it almost ended my relation with my wife.. i did quit in time tho :D

bleh!! no cereal plz ;) just a old fashioned dutch sandwich with cheese :D

wanna know more? too bad!! thats all there is :D HAYO

Siegerolf

Hello to everyone on the forum, my real name is Simon - originally from Ireland but not living there at this current time

I've been a PC gamer since the mid 90's the first top down isometric to grab me was the Fallout series which was followed by every title I could get my hands on at that time, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate etc..

This particular style: Prison Architect

This is tough.
Either Deus Ex/fallout 2 or World of Warcraft

The first time I seen Rim World I instantly bought it and played for 12+ hours.  A little excessive  :o

Porridge - lowers cholesterol and so so cheap (preferred with cinnamon =])

Been a very long time since I joined a forum, this particular project has captured my imagination however and I will be tracking it closely.

Si

daft73

Avis

Hi, My name is Avsnoopy, but, my friends just call me Avs. I'm from Wisconsin.

Several small youtubers i enjoy watching started playing rimworld, it was love at first sight.

I own/run/manage a small minecraft server and enjoy that alot, but i'd probably have to say Gta 5 or Mafia 2. also kerbal space program is up there.

One time on my server, we rigged a admins house with TNT to scare the crap out of him. and well, lets just say he was homeless by that afternoon.

Ooo that's a tough one, i'd have to say lucky charms, But i haven't had a ton of different cereals.

I'm not in a lot of forums (2 including this one) and i don't post very frequently, but hey this is my favorite game.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

HoshiGiniro

Hello My name is HoshiGiniro Which is roughly translated Japanese (that I learned in highschool)to Star Silver ....no I'm not Japanese.

My favorite type of game is management/sim games i have been into these games since i was about 16 which was when dial up internet was first introduced into my house (lol) I played sim city (no surprise there) as my first management game/ I was introduced to rim world when someone I am subscribed to on Youtube aired a lets play of it a while back
Sims, Final Fantasy, Towns, Dwarf fortress, Minecraft
Can't think of any right now but I'm sure i will eventually (probably has something with not noticing a obvious feature and wondering where it is)
cinnamon toast crunch

Adam561

Whelp, This will be fun....

I have enjoyed coding and game development/modding for the past 4 years. seeing that I like indie games because of the softness and accessibility about them its only logic to enjoy them :P! I was introduced to RimWorld by a YouTuber by the name of Scott Manley (so hipster right?)

Now my favorite OTHER (comon i was gonna put RimWorld :P) Game?
I would have to say probably... Mario Party 2 It brings back the feels man

Embarrassing gaming stuff: None im that MLG

Breakfast: Nails, without any milk

:P
==Adam561==
==Mod Author and Designer==
==RimWorld==
www.adam561mods.webs.com

dabbertorres

I'll let myself be known as well I guess.

I'm a college student, programmer (making dinky indie games), programming teacher and rock climber! That's my life pretty much.

• What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
    • I got wind of the Kickstarter via Reddit I think. Looked good, so I helped fund it! It's been quite the good deal!
  • What's your favorite other game?
    • Battlezone! (1998). First game I played, and loved it. Still do. And thanks to some other fans of the game, we can still play it online, which is awesome.
  • Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
    • On an online strategy match of Battlezone, I got in, made a dumb mistake early on, lost my main production factory, and ended up having to use ambush tactics the whole game. I felt bad for my teammate. Hehe.
  • What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
    • Honey Bunches of Oats!

Monkfish

Hello ladies,

Registered today as I have noticed/encountered a few things a I'd like to draw attention to and have a few suggestions to make too, so I figured I'd get involved. Expect logic/common sense based posts with a slathering of dry wit and dusted off with the corpses of trolls.

Prison Architect. I discovered that through Steam and watched the Alpha videos available. Fell in love with the concept and execution and purchased it, playing fairly solidly for a few weeks afterwards. I can't remember exactly how I stumbled upon RimWorld but I loved the concept and could immediately relate to the style, so I jumped in at some point during the early Alpha access and played it quit a bit before getting distracted. The Alpha 2 additions have drawn me back and I'm looking forward to more updates.

DayZ Standalone is currently my other biggest time thief and I've put 120+ hrs into that since I bought it in mid January. Unfortunately, my PC is a pile of old bollocks made sometime during the Industrial Revolution and it runs like shit and regularly crashes so I tend to play it in spurts. I suspect I'll start again with a new patch in Experimental. :D

Oh crikey, umm, probably that time when I bought Guitar Hero 3 for the XBox and stuck it straight on to Medium thinking "how hard can it be?", followed by much  :o??? and  :-\ before I put it on Easy and continued to struggle. Stupid fingers.

Choco Flakes from Aldi
<insert witty signature here>

gl33mer

Hi all.

I've come from a different angle to this game so I will not answer the questions at first. I bought the game with modding in mind with a specific total conversion planned.

It's still a rough sketch but the idea is clear.

This game came to notice through the Unity3d site (I've been a hobbyist game developer for a while and use the engine).This thread is what actually got me to finally post: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2506.msg24373#msg24373  <-- I've written C# but as a scripting language for unity. So, nothing like the stuff in that thread (Exactly, all that stuff to do with threading).

Excited about the possibilities.

Let me know if you're interested in the total conversion mod idea.