Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randisist

Love this here game. It is fun, fun, fun!!! My hat is off to the creators and many, many thanks for all the work they have put in creating a very enjoyable game. Creating a game that can go in so many different directions is a rare accomplishment.

Well I have to get back to the colonists, we all know if you do not constantly watch over them they just will not get the important things done.  ::)

Randisist

BLITZER

HI there i am Blitzer also know as the BLITZERATER .Shut up...i am robot from the future did i tell you that.no?k
PS:plz kill me
Hey.I am BLITZER and i am a robot from the future trying to save humanity you know the same thing.
PS:i am a time traveler

seavdog

What introduced you to RimWorld?
I actually saw Youtuber Dslyecxi get his outpost overrun by squirrels. Which i found very amusing, so i knew i had to buy the game just for the squirrels. 

What's your favorite other game?
Remember those old SOCOM games on the PS2? Those games were the best, I'm sad that they didn't keep producing those games.  :'(

Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
When i first started out i put solar panels and my entire garden inside a cave... Because it was safer? Idk, Anyways i died of starvation and then I realized that I'm an idiot.

What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Lucky Charms, especially when you drink the milk afterwards mmmhhmmmm.

Hawksquill

Hi, I'm Hawksquill (the name's from my favourite book of all time - Little, Big), I live in Australia, and spend my working hours as creative business coach.

-What introduced you to RimWorld?
Internet search for 'games like dwarf fortress but not so freaking hard'

-What's your favorite other game?
Any city builder/sim. Love them all but must say RimWorld is better.

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
RIP colony when all 12 colonists died in freezer fire.

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Scrambled eggs.

Ackam

Hi, I'm Ackam.

I'm new here, but not new in Rimworld. I'm 24 yo. I'm french but play the game in english because sometimes, on french language, there's strange symbols who appear in the game. But, in fact, I play all game in English, it help me a lot to improve my english. I work with kids and i'm in a theater troupe. I hope to leave the work with kids to be in full time and paid as a comedian. I really love music, no day without. I play trumpet too.

- What introduced you to rimworld ?

Something like Hawksquill post : internet search for "game like dwarf fortress but not a pain to my eyes."

- Favorite other game ?

"Wololo ! Wololo !" <That's AgeOfEmpire (my first game on pc). And The Lemmings (on Amiga 2000), my very first game. The Witcher's saga. And the Total War. I love RPG, strategy games and management game (but not really the tycoon stuff).

- Most embarrassing gaming-related story ?

I put a lot of traps in Skyrim (modded), for the enemies, and I just...fell into all of them when I was trying to reach a chest that I didn't see before... and it was empty.
And all those time I shot my team on deathmatch game (like TF2) because I don't remember my team color, or don't recognize the armor. And I'm like : "Oh no ! no ! Not again ! I want to leave the game now !  :-[ "

- What kind of breakfast cereal is the best ?

It's french : Miel Pops. (Miel = honey) It's like popcorn coated with honey and sugar.  ::)

Lady Wolf

Nice to see so many new faces to the forums, A13 is arguably the best build yet from what I've heard, and what little I've played of it. (still waiting for my favorite mods to be updated.)

One of the threads you'll fine really helpful is the "Things I wish I'd known sooner" Thread, it covers some of the neat things you wouldn't probably figure out initially, and can save you a lot of pain and time along the way.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16028.msg170339#msg170339

Have fun and check your morals at the door, cannibalism, organ harvesting and sacrificial  diversions are not only viable, but often necessary tactics, to survive.  ;) (especially if you play with Randy for your storyteller  :P)

Chipotle

Hello I am Noah from Southern California.  I am 15 years old.
Turning 16 in May

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I have been watching paulsoaresjr since I was ten, and I saw his video on Rimworld when I was 14.  I thought it looked pretty interesting so I bought it soon afterwards and I've been hooked since.

I play Minecraft, 7 Days to Die, Terraria, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound, and Don't Starve.  Can't decide on a favorite besides this.

I play on a laptop on the kitchen table

Rice Krispies

-Random Facts
I have a twin brother
I am a certified SCUBA Diver

davebluedevil

Hi!

I'm dave (davebluedevil). I'm an avid gamer. Right now I've been wetting my toes in RimWorld A13 after having played hundreds of hours in things like Terraria, Modded Minecraft (FTB), Civ, Banished, and more.

Right now I'm alternating between Squad, a FPS tactical milsim, and RimWorld. I try to stream both on Twitch: http://www.twitch.com/davebluedevil/.

Schedule for RimWorld is M/F for a few hours in the afternoons PST and any other moment after 8pm PST that I can manage. Right now I've got a Toxic Fallout headed into about day 7 and an entire map of dead animals to collect as the mood of my colonists drops. My last playthrough ended ignominiously to a herd(?) of alphabeavers that I aggro'd a bit before I was adequately prepared.

Every time I die and start over I do a little better at the beginning, but I also up the difficulty to keep this even.

Sikee Atric

Hello everyone.

I am Sikee (Simon) and I have just started to play and learn Rimworld.

I have watched from when the game first released but now feel it is time to take the plunge and begin playing.

Elsewhere on forums, I am a Pipped member of GTA Forums, so I aim to become a regular contributor here as well.

I also have ideas for some useful mods to expand gameplay, yet I have little experience of actual modding, yet I am willing to learn, so I should start with some tutorials.

Hope to see you all around.

Guszy

Hello there! My name's Guszy (pronounced Guh-Z), and I've been addicted to RimWorld for a couple months now. I usually play it for a couples minutes every morning before work, and for hours after... I want to learn how to mod, and this is the game I want to start with. I know nothing about nodding anything, so it will probably be extremely diffixult, but hey, if I put as much time in to learning how as I have put into playing, I'd be an expert by now.

dragoduval

Introduction ? Why did i not see that before O.o.

Hi I'm Mathieu, French Canadian Computer technician (Still in school, but that's a secret :D), and i'm a huge fan of not being bored.

I Found Rimworld on a game downloading site (Illegal but the best way to find good games), and after playing it for a few hours i fell in love whit it and buyed it not long after (Barely two month later :D).

I Love modding games (Mainly EU4 and CK2), im a huge RPG, Strategy and Simulation games fans, playing mainly Gnomoria and EU4, also evidently this wonderful game of Rimworld (You might know it).

When not playing i love writing (Say that but its been month since i done that :D), planning my conquest of earth (Emperor Mathieu Duval :D) and reading books (Right now i'm reading A Song Of Ice And Fire, better than i thought).

So yea here i am, even if I've been on this site for a while (two week ?).
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

Aqma

Hi all,

I'm Alex, just recently got RimWorld and I have to say I'm hooked.
I've heard about it before as well (first on the DF forum), but after playing Dwarf Fortress for a while I've always found it difficult to play any other colony mgmt type of game (all felt incomplete opposed to DF ... lacking any soul), so I could not convince myself to get it. But when I saw the Alpha 13 release info and a few let's play with it, the game felt so organic with the emotional interaction between the colonists that I could not resist and I have to say I am happy I got it - only RW and DF seem to be able to give me the feel of real immersion in the colony and not just mindless drones/building.
Interesting enough RW makes me care even more about my little colonists then DF, probably due to the fact that you usually have less. Still a noob though, so learning :)

Anyway so about me: I'm married got a little kid and I work in mgmt for a corporation, so I guess less technically inclined then majority of ppl here, though I did dabble here or there in some basic programming.

Favorite other games, hmm: Dwarf Fortress, Cataclysm DDA, Morrowind & Skyrim, Heroes 3&4, Age of Wonders, Civilizations 3, probably a few others I forget but usually RPG, TBS, base building type of games.

Hope to see you all around, have fun!

mojo-jojo

Hi all, here goes:
-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
CGP grey mentioned he was playing it
The diablos and starcrafts, diablo3 started ok and impoved constantly, they somehow made it fun again after removing the AH
My first multiplayer game of starcraft 1 I built a second academy right after my first, oh the humanity!
burgers make the best breakfast

blackwolf0925

Hello All, My name is Christian and like to introduce myself, I am an avid gamer and stumbled upon this game by accident one Youtube one day. Was very interested in it so I have purchased it and have to say I really enjoy it. My likes are anime, rpg's, and japanese music. So I say to all please treat me well.  ;)

firescythe

Wellhello,
Maybe started at Colonization or Civ2 back there... ever since then I loved city building, colony thriving, etc. In the last few years on Steam I got my attention on latest ones from this city/survival style, but not hauling in library quite many of them - neverending development is a bit turnoff, but I have Maia, DF-9, and always checking for similars. Rimworld has stickglued me for 3rd days in a row, and that is rare :)

I have a lengthy title list of played games (some hundreds, maybe thousandplus), but ultimate favorite style is TBS for solo and co-op action for multi. As I was always fancy about alien-repulsion, XCOM(:Apocalypse from 1997) is in my very heart, and enjoying it's rebirth with XCOM2 (also being very strict at game rating, i give them 8/10 due to awful blanders.), for multi it is L4D series (with huge palette of fan content).

Worst game related story? Let's not mention unintentional save deletions :-[
Maybe it is more to the fun part, but in our capitol they have just built a bunch of malls, and I was watching a midnight movie (some action, not memorable) in a very new one, but this place has actually closed doors by the end of the movie, so we were supposed to find and leave on the only non-locked exit. So just imagine: you have never been before to the mall, where all lights are on, but noone else is around except your fellow moviewatchers, you try to open the 2nd locked exit doors and looking around puzzled, having no instructions, and noone there to guide you... actually if some scream would break up, with my most practiced move I grab a blunt object, look for cover and the oncoming zombiehorde....... it was best no sharing this "fear" with the others there :D

Best breakfast cereal: home made nuts-whatsoever-seeds-with-honey-in-the-oven, have it well baked (I love crunchy stuff), then eat with milk from small bowl/mug. Would eat it all day :) When being guest I have tried Nestlé Fitness, that was pretty close to it.